Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skillgrid

Ice pick scar treatment without insurance

Hey Acne.org,

I moved out a couple months ago and live on my own. However, I do not have health insurance as of now and was wanting to get rid of a scar on my right cheek. Its a small area but I was curious to know if I went to a clinic how much it would be without insurance? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

scar correction is considered cosmetic, even if you had insurance it would not be covered.

Each surgeon prices differently. I highly doubt a clinic would perform plastic surgery.

It also depends on the size of the area to be removed and whether it requires a punch for an icepick scar (cost less) or scalpel excision for larger scars (cost more)

Big city usually = big bucks, usually a hideous rip off.

Ive paid up to $600 (im an idiot) for a scalpel excision and as low as $200 for the same.

rural area usually = less pricey. I had a punch excision for $50 and a scalpel exc. for $100

Of course the doc will want you to come in for a consultation first to evaluate your situation. Some charge a consult fee (sometimes as high as $150 or more) and some are free. Find this out when you make the appt. so there are no surprises.