Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so ive been checking this website for a while now, and reading reviews so i thought maybe id share what im going through so i can try to get some advice and encouragement from people who are going through what i am.

most of my teen years i had a few pimples here and there but went on proactive, which seemed to help, but of course with my vanity i wanted to be "perfect" so i went to the derm. and he took me off of proactive and on differin. differin made me horribly break out for months, worse the id ever in my life but slowly things got better, just this last january (foolishly) i went off of differin because i thought id be fine and i was fine for a while then i got a huge cyst on my chin, i didnt want to touch it because i had scars before from acne but did a few microdermabrasion at the spa and they went away, so the cyst (which is huge and like a bubble) stayed for a couple months so i finally went to the derm and he injected it, it went away for a few days and it came back, i went on the generic of yaz to try and help with the acne but it made me break out horribly so i went off of it..

frustrated again i went to the derm he prescribed me to doxycycl, which ive now been on for almost three months, and ive been using aczone for almost a month, i also wash my face with clean and clear some nights and cetaphil other nights, and use witch hazel as a toner and clean and clear moisturizer at night after the aczone, this past week i started the gnc 30 day hair, skin, and nails formula, and started taking flaxseed oil (tablets) but after reading a lot of reviews today im switching to the liquid, also two days ago i started the BC ortho tri cyclen lo.

ps. the cyst is still alive and kicking on my chin and ive gotten it injected two times, im coming in next month to get it injected again. im so frustrated, my skin has never looked this bad, i eat pretty healthy and drink only water and at least 8 glasses a day, im just sick of this, i just want to have clear skin, i dont even want perfect skin just good enough to feel like myself again. :shifty:

oh and tmw i get another micro (just only seven passes, nothing too strong) and hopefully it will help with some of my red marks and scars, i also took the rest of this week off to try and not wear makeup and get the skin more clear, wish me luck.

so im pretty happy, i woke up this morning and no new pimples were on my face. and i dont know which thing i did yesterday to thank. i did a couple new things yesterday, both of which were not fun but seemed to work. :razz:

i took three tablespoons of the liquid of flaxseed oil and before i washed my face before bed i smashed a tomato into a pulp and rubbed it on my skin for 5 minutes and let sit on my face for another five then washed it off and did a toner and my aczone.

i dont want to jinx myself but i def. think it was a combination of all these "cruel" things ive been putting myself through.. haha i hate taking pills, it makes me gag and want to throw up everytime and so far i have to take six a day and then swallow down that nasty oil, its pretty horrible but ill do anything to help try to make my skin clear.

i still have the red marks and the other pimples, but im hoping the micro help that out. i guess ill just find out tmw morning.

so im feeling a little better, last night i did have a break out which really upset me but then this morning i woke up and my skin was looking a little better. the micro went well and im excited to go back and get another one in a couple weeks when i am (hopefully) more clear.

mainly my skin has a lot of red marks all over that looks like acne but when i wash my face it feels smoother then it looks, when i wear makeup it looks SO much better but id give anything to be able to only wear a little bit like i used to, natural looking beauty is sexy.

and to tell the truth since ive had this week off of not wearing makeup, to give my skin a break, im nervous about wearing makeup again because i dont want to break out. :wacko:

well i have today and tmw left of not wearing makeup and sunday i have to go back into society lol. im just hoping if i just keep telling myself its going to get better, not worry as much or pick at my skin and just wait it out it will get better. :pray:

so far im only on the sixth day of using BC and im loving it so far, when i used the generic of yaz i was a horribly mess, but with ortho-tri i have been feeling fine, i feel my boobes have gotten a little bigger (im a skinny girl so the tinniest change for me is noticeable) and instead of feeling always hungry like i was on the other one i just feel normal, which is nice. hopefully is stays this nice. :dance:

but anywho..

usually id wake up in the morning with just a bunch of new pimples but these past two nights i havent. i dont know which of things ive been doing thats helping me not break out as much but im not stopping any of it just in case, its frusterating though because i have just red marks all over my face and hopefully that will go away,

after my micro they gave me some "growth factor gel" which is amazing when you have a scab or a dry spot on your face because in about three days that sucker looks so much better.. im just hoping it will go away, im most likely going to get another micro next week too. and even get my hair colored.

and ive started to work out again so that makes me feel a lot better mentally and physically. since starting my new vitamins ive been feeling a lot better mentally, almost like i have more hope now then i did before? :)

oh and i found a way to drink flax seed oil (the liquid) without wanting to barf my brains out.. i hope it still works the same, i dont know why it wouldnt? well i just mix orange juice with it and add more of the orange juice so the taste over powers the flaxseed oil taste. and just do it quick and eat something afterwords so you dont have time to have the after taste.

does anyone know if that works the same if taken that way?

well today after i woke up from a nap i realized i broke out again (not too bad but still its annoying) :snooty: ughh..but the redness went down just a tad but nothing too exciting. im just trying to tell myself to just be patient and not get upset because if i get upset that will only makes things harder and worse.

well im going to schedule another micro for this thursday because its helping me peel faster and hopefully after it all peels away my skin will look better.

I can't believe you let them inject you, that is nuts. When I was on my 2nd check up for accutane they wanted to inject one of my cyst and I said yes and booked it! screw that!

good luck ;)

my derm. has injected me twice. my cyst isnt very noticable, but if you touch my skin you can feel it, its just a hard bump, its annoying. but ill go through pretty much anything, doesnt matter how weird or painful it feels to help with my acne.

Have you considered the DKR regimen at all? Im not really sure how severe your acne is, but ive had active acne for about 10 years, and its the only thing that worked for me. I tried accutane (which worked in my early years) , differin, proactive (which actually kept my acne somewhat under control, retin-a (sucked balls) just a mention a few. Anyway it may be something to consider.

Have you considered the DKR regimen at all? Im not really sure how severe your acne is, but ive had active acne for about 10 years, and its the only thing that worked for me. I tried accutane (which worked in my early years) , differin, proactive (which actually kept my acne somewhat under control, retin-a (sucked balls) just a mention a few. Anyway it may be something to consider.

its funny because i guess in a way i am doing his thing along with mine, and i have been for years. after i put my aczone on i usually put either some cetaphil lotion on or my growth factor and do a little spot treatment, it does seem to help keep everything a little more settled and make some of the pimples go away a lot faster.

but for an update, yesterday i was feeling pretty down and frustrated and even went to work and i was on the verge of crying, but because i have been so open to everyone about what ive been struggling with, because for a while it felt like an elephant in the room, they have been supporting me and i feel like everyone i know just wants me to feel better and like my old self, and the people i worked with yesterday just made me feel SO much better.

but good news, i woke up this morning and things look a little better, no new pimples, and the red marks seem to be fading, and i look a little tanner from being outside (and yes i use a spf) oh and usually when i wake up my face looks pretty oily but this morning it looked a lot less oily. wooo hoo :D

i have been taking pictures of my face everyday, i want to show the worse its been until its finally pretty good. but i refuse to put them up to the public until im good again, its just embarassing, because no one saw how bad it was because my makeup covered it up really well. and i use bareminerals which is great and doesnt clog my pores as much as the other brands.

but i hope everyone has a great day, i have the day off and its BEAUTIFUL outside so im really happy about that :cool:

heyy i just replied on my log but reading yours i have a couple other questions haha,

ok so do you think flaxseed is worth getting?

also, have you tried everyday minerals? i used to use bareminerals but it made my breakout horribly. i like edm because it is so much cheaper, the brushes are super soft, many choices in color, and there are 4 different formulas.

sorry if i sound like a salesgirl, but i just really love it and i am happy i found it from this site.

so far i feel the flaxseed oil is worth getting, i take the liquid kind and right away the next day everything felt better. so far my skin has more of a glow to it, i feel better and the skin that isnt broken out looks amazing. also i dont know if its the BC or the flaxssed but im less oily.

but i just ordered a free sample of the everyday minerals (thanks to your advice) and once it gets here im excited to see how it works out. :)

for an update, skin did break out just a little bit. im deciding that im going to quit using doxy because i notice i bruise a lot easier and seems that my zits have been bloody and stay a dark red color after they are gone, which only started happening since i started taking it. and i was nervous it would make the BC less effective, so we'll see how things go. i also got another micro today, it felt so good. im planning on getting one every other week until school starts. expensive, i know, but thats the only reason why i kept working for this month.

so after having a big breakout (im assuming due to BC) i had a little bit of a breakdown and decided i was going to a new derm. and getting some laser treatment done. i know it takes a while for your body to get use to the birthcontrol so im staying on it, because i have hope.

im going to get the smoothbeam done, my first treatment is this friday. im pretty excited and hope to have success with this. i still will be using aczone until the 12th week and they say they have a new cleanser that works really well, so ill be trying that too. im really greatful because my parents have seen what this has done to me and are going to pay for half of what all of this cost me. :) i feel lucky to have such caring parents.

so i got an ALA PDT treatment yesterday, it didnt hurt at all more just shocked me. today i am peeling and dry and slightly red, i feel fine though. its not a pleasant sight because all the pimples are supposed to come forward and dry up and flake off. oh and i couldnt be in the light so i had to hide in my basement until night time and then have only candles as my light which made the night more interesting, so we had a "candle light dinner" haha.

i already have an appointment for next thursday for a Blu U Treatment and the week after that a smoothbeam treatment. my new doctor says it might take up to 10 treatments before my skin is where i want it to be. i have some scars that are light and an uneven skin texture (which can be covered by makeup) but im just sick of having it so im hoping that this can help with acne and the scars. luckily though the ALA PDT is only 295 (each time) and ill probably get two of these and the Blu U Treatment is 50 (each time) and ill get like four of these and the smoothbeam is 295 (each time) but since im a student i get half off of that so only 147.50 and ill get at the most 5 of these (which makes more then 10 but i guess we will just decide what we do as we go, it seems she has a plan but i dont know what that is yet)

i also am off doxy for good and aczone because it didnt help AT ALL, i am now only using this three step wash that was SO expensive but supposed to work well, i bought new foundation from the doc that has ingredients that help fight off acne and it covers really well. but i am still on BC and taking the vitamins and flaxseed oil.

i have one month before i leave for college and im hoping things settle down and get a lot better before then. :pray:

so my face is peeling like a snake right now, and broke out more. and it was horrible because my boyfriend (who was gone for one month to visit family in iran) came back a day early to suprise me and had to see me looking like this. quite horrific, but i went on a bike ride and noticed the sun was making my face itchy and hurt so i now know when i get these done hide away from the sun as much as i can even days afterwards.

although all the pimples i had before the ala pdt has dried up and gone away. which is nice but if only i wasnt still breaking out. but oh well, i have many more treatments to go before i dont break out anymore, so i just have to wait it out.

I just started taking fish oil on the recommendation of someone else, but was considering flaxseed oil as well, and saw you were taking it. Have you ever tried fish oil instead? Do you think the benefits of flaxseed are better than fish? Thanks!

I just started taking fish oil on the recommendation of someone else, but was considering flaxseed oil as well, and saw you were taking it. Have you ever tried fish oil instead? Do you think the benefits of flaxseed are better than fish? Thanks!

i have not tried fish oil, but my brother who used to have moderate acne recommended it to me and now he is clear. and since we are related and both have had some of the same issues in the past im hoping it will work on me also. but good luck on which ever one you choose.

but for an update on my skin, still breaking out, but the skin that isnt broken out looks really good. its getting more soft and looks more even. im excited for my light treatment on thursday with the BLU U light.

also if you are wondering i am now using the obagi clenziderm md fash wash (for oily skin) and have read some amazing things about it, so im pretty excited. :)

so things have been going pretty good these past three days. my skin is breaking out a little less which is nice.

i also started training for my first triathlon so im pretty pumped about it. i have to start eating a different diet, but im not too worried about it breaking me out. working out always makes me feel better and always has made me skin look better. i think my new eating habbits will help with my skin because it will have more veggies and fruits and it will be less tempting to eat something that isnt good for me because it will effect how i perform.

but the BLU U treatment was fine, i didnt feel a thing since it was just a light. this thursday coming up i do my first smoothbeam which im a little scared about since its supposed to kill, but i can take it. :cool:

im also going to see if i can do another BLU U treatment that day, i dont know why i wouldnt? but i guess ill just have to wait and find out.

but i hope everyone has a great day. its so beautiful out today. if only it would stay this way all year around.

so i just got home from getting the smoothbeam done. it didnt really hurt at all, only a couple spots made me jump but because she put ice on my face before she would zap me, i couldnt hardly feel it and she said she was even doing an "aggressive" one for me.

we scheduled appointments for the next two weeks so i feel pretty hopeful. next week i get a micro and am going under the blu light afterward. and then the following week i get the ala pdt with the levulan and the vbeam laser. im hoping things will really look good before i leave for college. i leave the sixth of september so its coming up fast, although, i do know it takes a lot of these before i am where i want to be, but so far i am seeing improvement and its making me feel a lot more hopeful. :dance:

im a little nervous because my new diet i have to eat a lot of stuff i havent touched in years. for almost five years all i really drank was water but now i have to drink a little bit of gatorade after my work out, and now i have to eat more carbs and dairy products. its nice though because it feels good to be able to not worry as much about breaking out and just eating the healthy stuff my body needs to stay lean and build muscle.

so im a little annoyed, actually im not, im SO ANNOYED. i woke up this morning and i am a little more broken out. and my emotions are going crazy from the birthcontrol. this is the worst timing ever.

not only is my skin horrible but everything else going on is pretty sucky too. not only does it hurt what is going on with my skin, but my heart is breaking. i hate being in love with a crazy man.

i wish i had another month before school started so i could try to get everything together. i just am a mess inside right now. :cry:

if only there was a for sure promise that everything would get better then i would be fine, but sometimes these lasers work for people and sometimes it doesnt. i hope i am one that it does work on.