Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Romsia

Beauty with Discipline Log

I have been wanting to create a log for quite some time now.. But I am always experimenting with my skin.. So It was difficult to create one.. Anyways now I have planned to go real slow with my skin and try to understand it more..

For the records.. I am 21, female, having mild acne from past 3-4 years.. But from last year i think my acne is kinda moderate and consistent too.. My major problem area is my cheeks.. I don't break out much on the forehead and chin.. Just get one or two acne there in a month or so.. I also get blackheads mainly on the inner side of cheeks, sides of nose and sometimes on forehead.. Over all I don't get too many acne just 3-4 at a time.. But all of them leave red marks.. As I said earlier they have been pretty consistent.. But I think my experiments has made them do so.. :naughty:

Its really sad that I always want things to start working immediately for me.. As a result I tend to change whatever I am doing quite often.. This has done no good for me.. This log will help me analyze my situation much better and help me stick to one regimen at a time.. :dance: I have tried a lot of stuff for acne and most of them worked but just temporarily.. I have also visited a Derm once.. The medications did help me a lot but I do not want to stick to them all my life.. Hence I have decided to have a natural approach to get rid of acne.. I am going to make very basic changes to my everyday life but I am sure it will have a big impact on my skin or my overall health.. :nod:

I have been at home lately and as a result I have become very lazy.. I do not follow any kind of timings for having meals or sleeping.. My parents have always been yelling on me for this but I never listen to them.. They say for your body to function better you need to follow certain timings.. I understand now what they mean.. :nod: Secondly I am going to cut out on almost anything that is made in a bakery.. I have this stuff for breakfast.. I am thinking of eating oats with milk instead.. Hmm.. I am going to drink at least 15 glasses of water a day.. I drink around 8 - 10 glasses as of now.. I am going to start exercising again.. I wont be using any acne medications like BP or clindamycin.. Going to try more herbal remedies.. Another thing I am starting is to take neem capsules everyday.. It has blood purifying properties and helps with skin problems.. I am not expecting any immediate results with it.. Just hoping it clears the mess from inside.. I love to steam my face everyday so will continue to do so.. I will be changing pillow covers every other day..

Oh about my diet.. I do not eat junk food at all also dont drink cola's.. Just once in a blue moon when I go out.. I am vegetarian.. I eat lots of vegetables.. I am not sure what milk does to my skin.. But I remember once I was clear I used to drink it everyday and it did not break me out.. I am just scared to try it after reading few things on it.. Anyways I might give it a try.. My diet has always been very good but I think just the wrong timings is messing it up for me.. :shrug::huh:

Current status of skin :

Right cheek has one moderate acne and I can see another one forming.. Left cheek is clear.. There is one acne on the forehead but looks like it has started to fade.. Got one just below the lips on the chin which is inflamed.. (I hate inflamed acne).. But above all this my major problem is the red marks left by previous acne.. Don't have them much on the forehead and chin but quite a lot on both the cheeks.. I just hope to get rid of these as it would improve my skin by 70 - 80%.. :nod:

I am sure this is going to work for me.. I am just keeping my fingers crossed.. If you guys would like to suggest anything about what tea to drink or anything about green smoothies please let me know..

Wish me luck guys!! :)

DAY 1 :

I got up late today also.. Hmm.. But trying to follow all other things.. Had healthy breakfast n lunch.. Did drink more water than usual.. Skin is looking good today.. I mean overall complexion is looking even.. I don't see any blackheads other than on the sides of the nose.. Spot on the forehead and chin are looking to fade in 2 days or so.. I can see two new spots on the left cheek.. They look very small though.. Right cheek still looking same.. One spot there is looking smaller today.. Red marks overall are looking little faded.. I am still left with the workout and steaming face.. Will update later at night..

DAY 2 :

Skin is looking ok today.. No major improvements but didn't get any new spots so I'm happy.. :) Some of the already existing spots are fading.. The one which I have on my chin is very small but is making me go mad as its hurting.. :mad: I don't get these painful once so I really cant take it.. I can see slight improvement in the marks.. I am exactly not following everything but I'm trying hard.. May be in a week's time I'll start doing everything.. Didn't get time to workout but anyways I had decided to do it for 5 days a week.. So I'm considering these two as off days..

Today I had gone out with my moisturizer and some compact powder on.. I was very pleased to see my marks in the day light.. :dance: There is definitely some improvement.. Wasn't happy with the acne though.. I'm trying to be patient and follow all the rules.. lets see how it goes..

I wish you good luck. It sounds like you're going for a gallon of water a day, if those glasses are going to be 8oz. I get a gallon a day but I stay active and need it. I had a minor breakout last week but adjusted to the fact that I'm going to have that happen for the rest of my life. There isn't much to do about it so I just try to live well.

Hey Heir, thank you for reading my log and wishing me luck.. :) I understand what your are saying.. Living well is probably the only key if not for acne but for good health.. The glasses I use for drinking water are pretty big around 10 oz.. I try and have at least 15 such glasses.. Apart from that I have 1 liter bottle which I keep handy.. I drink that also.. So overall I think I am drinking 4-5 liters of water everyday.. I am also trying to stay active all day and workout.. That should also help..

DAY 3 :

Hmm.. So far no major breakouts.. Lately my acne is flaring up and I don't know why is this happening.. None of them were hurting y'day so I was little relaxed.. Little improvement in the marks.. I think it is probably effect of drinking more water.. I really don't know what is working and what is not.. :shrug: It feels really good to workout.. I did eat some food y'day which I am not supposed to.. It is difficult to replace them with something else as I don't find anything else in the house.. I have to go shop for fruits today so I can have them whenever I am hungry.. I did spot treat BP at night to the flared up acne and they are looking smaller today.. I had decided not to use BP but flared up acne makes me go nuts.. :wacko:

DAY 4 :

I have been getting thirsty a lot in past few days ever since I started drinking more water.. but that's a good thing actually for me.. :D Well last 2 days I haven't applied anything to my skin except spot treating with BP at night.. All I do is cleanse face once or twice.. I haven't even taken steam for past 2 days though I really like that.. I think I'm going do it just 3 days a week or so.. Gosh and my face looks so much better.. I am really happy.. :dance: I am not even applying moisturizer right now.. I think my skin getting the time to heal on its own.. Marks are fading for sure thanks to tons of water I drink.. I am expecting my marks to go away in a month's time..

Oh y'day I came across a new regimen by jwebb426 and was very impressed by a lot of things in that.. I also replied there.. So I think its an amazing idea not to think much about acne, to exercise everyday, to drink lots of water, to eat right food, to live happily.. I am going to try my friend's way who cured her acne without anything.. I know why my acne went from mild to moderate.. I keep applying so much on it that skin gets irritated by the constant change and starts acting mad.. Keeping it simple is the key.. :)

DAY 5 :

Its weird to update every day coz of the little changes happening.. I think ill update every 2-3 days or whenever I see something different.. But I want to keep the record of days..

Well as of now things are going smooth for me.. It feels nice when things actually work for you.. I am going strong with the no nonsense approach.. As in not using any product on my skin.. Its been over a week and I am not tempted with any new products.. I think I am finally being patient.. I haven't had any new breakouts this week.. Also earlier I had mentioned about my acne getting flared up is also under control coz of BP spot treatment at night.. I was just using some homemade masks which were making them go mad.. Hush.. I am concentrating on more important things in life than just my skin.. :)

So far so good but I think the real test would be the time before and during the menses.. That is when I generally breakout.. I have to wait and watch.. :think:

DAY 8 :

Ok.. Well so finally I can say my forehead and chin is clear.. I don't break out much there so nothing major I guess.. I had just 2-3 spots overall but they are gone and it feels good.. Cheek acne takes so much time to heal.. :wall: I mean they take weeks to go away completely.. They have started to fade but very slow.. :whistle: Red marks are taking their time.. :doh: I need to stay patient.. I am trying to eat good stuff.. I need to exercise more.. I think I'll start going for walk early morning as its one of the best exercises.. And since I have stopped being conscious about my skin so I don't care who all I'll meet there.. Early morning walk is so refreshing.. :nod: Apart from this I have to start drinking some juices to speed up the healing process of my skin.. I am thinking of carrot juice.. I read a lot about it and seems really good.. And it doesn't taste bad also.. They are major source of vitamin A.. Hmm.. I met this doctor y'day (Not for me but had gone with sis) and I was just discussing my skin problem with her.. She says all your problems are due to blood impurities.. Well I am already taking neem capsules for the same.. But she told me increase the intake of lemon everyday as It helps quite a lot.. I also read the reviews for lemon drink and most of the people were satisfied with it.. So I am going to start that too.. Not much everyday but just half a lemon with a glass of water a day.. And to avoid tooth problems will drink it with straw.. :D

Well I have lemons at home so I can make 1 drink today but for carrots I need to shop.. I think I'll need 3-4 carrots to make a glass juice.. If anyone has got results with this then do let me know.. :)

Good luck! I like your log alot, Romsia. I have been trying to do something similar to this, cutting out junk food, and sugar, to see if that is what is contributing to my acne. Basically just living better than what I am now. This is very encouraging to see! :) Your positive attitude is awesome! I will keep checking to see your updates on this, and how well it is working for you.

Good luck! I like your log alot, Romsia. I have been trying to do something similar to this, cutting out junk food, and sugar, to see if that is what is contributing to my acne. Basically just living better than what I am now. This is very encouraging to see! :) Your positive attitude is awesome! I will keep checking to see your updates on this, and how well it is working for you.

Hey thank you for reading my log.. Aww your words are motivating enough to stay strong.. :) So far its working very well for me.. Earlier I never believed in changing diet for acne but now I do.. :nod: If not for acne but for healthy living.. Yeah do try to cut junk food or anything that causes you acne and also positive attitude that includes not thinking about acne at all :D.. It will help you tons.. Good Luck!! Keep me posted on your updates.. :) Cya..

DAY 11 :

Well.. All my acne on the cheeks are almost gone.. They are not visible at all.. If I look at my face it does look pretty clear.. I had mentioned in previous post that my forehead and chin acne has also gone.. I can say I'm 90% clear.. Yay :dance: Well why I'm not saying 100% coz I still have 2-3 things..

First of all few days back just the tip of my nose become red.. I didn't know what it was :shrug: I thought of it as a mosquito bite or something and I was guessing it'll go by the next day.. But it stayed just the same on the next day as well making me look like a clown.. :wacko: On the third day there was a yellowish tinge in it.. It wasn't bumpy or anything.. I applied BP over it 2 times a day.. After 2 days or so it looks like it's ready to go.. That yellow thing in it is gone.. Redness has reduced but its still there.. I am guessing it'll go completely in 2 more days.. I have never got anything like this on my nose before so its kinda weird.. Also its right in the centre of the nose & face so even though my face is kinda clear I don't feel it.. :mad::goaway:

Second I did get 2-3 spots on the sides of the cheeks in past few days.. but they were not much noticeable & never become angry looking red or bumpier and went away in like 2 days.. :clap: I wont mind if I get these at times.. :nod: There is one spot though which you can count but isn't that big..

Good thing that has happened so far is I haven't got any black/whiteheads on the places I usually get.. Its like a relief.. Of course I do have them on the sides of the nose.. who doesn't.. I can see one clogged pore on the forehead slighly bumpier I dunno what's going to happen with that.. :pray: That's it.. That's why I didn't say 100%..

Yeah about the juices.. I am on the third day of lemon drink.. I take half of a lemon.. Again cut it into two.. And have one with warm water & honey first thing in the morning.. And one with normal water before going to bed.. Don't know what exactly its doing for my skin so far.. But lets see I should be able to see some difference after few more days.. I haven't started carrot juice yet.. I really want to do that for the sake of marks..

I couldn't go for my morning walk as it been raining here lately.. I'll try again tomorrow.. :)

Well about marks.. Earlier my marks were spread over the area.. But now they are just dots.. I have these marks pretty close to each other on the cheeks which used to make it look like a patch but i can't see that patch anymore.. I can see space between marks.. So its good.. Now the dots need to fade.. It's going to take some time.. :boohoo:

I'm glad you seem to be getting clear, Romsia. Good luck! I love seeing all these good results on the diet/holistic forum :)

Hey asn6, thanks for looking in my thread.. :) Yeah things are getting better for me with this regimen.. I can see your thread is getting quite popular with a lot of people here.. :) Diet/holistic forum results make me happy too.. I have started eating so much healthier after reading here which is amazing..

DAY 18 :

I am updating quite late this time.. I have been very busy this week.. Ok.. Well the experiment with the lemon drink didn't go that well.. It gave me 3-4 new spots.. So I had to quit that.. So now I know lemon drink gives me new spots.. It's good to know what causes you breakout.. I have found one.. :D Anyways those spots have faded.. So its fine..

All this while sometimes I was extra strict with my diet.. And 2-3 occasions I broke the rules.. But I think its ok to do it once a while.. :lol: Just eat in moderation.. Yeah I was about to start carrot juice.. But instead of that I came across the green smoothies thread and was very impressed with everyone's result there.. So I thought I can use carrots in the smoothies.. So I made my first smoothie using Spinach, Celery, Banana, Carrot & Beetroot.. It tasted pretty good.. I tried it with cinnamon too.. I liked it.. I had this for 2 days as my breakfast and I didn't feel hungry after that.. Its so good and healthy.. Then I got super busy and couldn't do for next 3 days.. I made one today.. And I'm writing this as I am drinking it.. I have used cucumber instead of banana today.. And I think my first smoothie was better in taste.. I need to add a sweet fruit in it.. :nod:

Yesterday I went for a party.. Since I was going to meet my relatives after a long time I decided to go there with makeup.. I don't use makeup everyday just for any special occasion or something like that.. Well none of my relatives actually know that I am dealing with acne coz it was always on and off.. Coincidentally I have only met them before when I was clear.. So I was in no mood to show them my actual face & hear their weird advises.. :whistle: As I said earlier some of my acne this year got moderate and consistent.. :( But I am going steady with this regimen and I am happy.. Its going to take some more time to be 100% clear and to stick to that.. :lol:

So I wore my favorite pink top with skinny jeans & heels.. I used some BP on spots, moisturizer, concealer, powder, kohl eye liner, lipstick & gloss.. I also straighten my hair.. I have really long dark hair just like my avatar.. :) I recieved so many compliments yesterday.. :wub: No one could figure out I had acne or anything.. I just had 3-4 spots thought.. So I was very happy and confident..

So after I came back I was afraid makeup can give me breakouts (It did in past) so I gave myself a facial at home.. :dance: I love doing them once in a month or so they are really refreshing.. And so far I haven't seen a new spot.. So I am happy..

All right.. So what's the current status of my skin.. My forehead & chin are clear.. I have 2 spots on left cheek and 1 on right.. That's it.. And I'm going through time of the month & I didn't get those weird hormonal acne.. :boogie: Green smoothies are going to help a lot in future for this.. Red marks have faded quite a lot.. Red marks on the chin fades so quickly followed by the forehead marks.. Cheek marks take sooo long.. :wall: All I have to do is wait...

Romsia,

Are you still drinking 15 glasses of water a day and walking in the morning? It's nice to hear your red marks heal quickly. Keep doing what you're doing because you sound more confident and excited about living a healthy lifestyle. I'm thinking about trying one of those green smoothies since it's early morning here. It would be a nice to replace breakfast with a smoothie.

Romsia,

Are you still drinking 15 glasses of water a day and walking in the morning? It's nice to hear your red marks heal quickly. Keep doing what you're doing because you sound more confident and excited about living a healthy lifestyle. I'm thinking about trying one of those green smoothies since it's early morning here. It would be a nice to replace breakfast with a smoothie.

Hey Heir,

Thank you for visiting my log again.. :) Yeah I'm still drinking more water.. On an average I drink around 12 -15 glasses of water everyday.. I am not able to go for walks that regularly but I do exercise at home.. I do Yoga.. I have been practicing Yoga for more than a year now.. Its a great way to relax.. It helps tone your body muscles.. I absolutely love it.. Yeah this regimen has made me more confident and happy.. I also eat very healthy now.. So its great overall.. :)

My red marks aren't healing that quickly.. They are sure taking a lot of time.. Forehead and chin marks seem to heal faster but cheek marks are taking so long.. Earlier use of BP on the cheeks made them quite dark so its taking time.. :(

Yeah green smoothies are great to replace your breakfast.. They are quite filling and healthy.. I am on day 4 of green smoothie.. I am drinking 1 glass a day.. They taste pretty good.. I'm sure you'll like it.. You can also add some flavoring like cinnamon, honey etc.. But without any flavoring also it tastes good.. I am hoping this should also help red marks.. Give it a try this seems really good.. Keep me updated.. Cya..

Ive heard good things about these green smoothies. And I do enjoy a nice smoothie. I will have to give that a try sometime. Doesnt hurt to try things. I find it hard to experiment at the moment though as im at my family home rather than my own home at Uni. My family are a pain and they arent as open to new things as I am. In fact they have recently been quite unsupportive of my diet changes because it can put them out a bit. I understand that it may be annoying for them to only eat specific things with me, but they dont understand how important it is to me to take control of my skin.

Good to hear that things are still going well :)

Aww Christof.. I am sorry to hear about your family not being open to new things.. I know these things do happen in families.. Everybody seem to have opinion differences.. It happens with me too at times.. So I can relate to your problem.. But good thing with me is my family doesn't bother if I do things on my own without troubling them.. So it works for me that ways.. I know they need to be more supportive when you are making efforts to eat healthier for the sake of your skin.. It does hurt for sure.. But trust me they'll be happy to see your results.. I have stopped worrying about people around me.. And just concentrate on more healthier lifestyle.. So far Its working great for me.. I hope you get to do the same.. Don't think much about them.. You'll feel better.. And we all are here to support you.. I am always around for any help you need.. :)

Green smoothies are really good.. I am on Day 5 and can already see some results.. It doesn't even costs much.. I went and bought some spinach, celery, carrots, cucumber and beetroot.. And making smoothie only with these so far.. I am drinking a glass everyday.. I am sure you can buy this and make it.. Of course you'll need a blender as well.. :D If you are still having problems making it at your family home I can advise you to eat one carrot & cucumber and half a beet everyday.. This will help too.. I have tried this before.. I hope you shift back to your home at uni soon to do all these things.. How's things going for you with Dan's regimen?? Hope everything else is going great for you.. Cya..

DAY 24 :

Oh I am so close to complete a month with this regimen.. It feels good that I have finally stuck with something.. I have learned quite a lot about my skin all these days.. I was expecting my skin to fall in place in a month's time but that hasn't happened yet.. My breakouts have reduced quite a lot.. I didn't get hormonal acne.. Some of the old red marks have faded to a great extent.. I am pleased to see my forehead and chin clear most of the days..

Some experiments with diet did give me new spots and as usual they have left behind red marks.. :wall: I am so fed up with marks now.. Acne in itself isn't great to have and on top of that they leave these irritating marks which lasts for months.. :snooty::mad: Having clear face isn't an easy task.. Clear face includes not having red marks as well.. I have got 100% clear a lot of times this year but I don't remember seeing my face without red marks.. I have achieved that look only with makeup.. :doh: I know I am sounding little different today but sometimes I just get tired of treating my skin.. :sick:

Well as my old red marks have lightened.. I discovered something more about my skin.. I was almost in tears when I realized I have some scars on my cheeks.. They are not that bad.. I don't know how to describe them.. I know there are different types of scars but I don't understand mine fall in which category.. It's only over little area and mostly on the right cheek.. Left cheek might have one or two.. I can't see them when I look in my normal mirror.. But if I try to put light on my cheeks then I can.. I am guessing when my red marks fade completely I should be able to tell how bad they are.. I have never picked even one acne in my entire life so I don't know why I have got scars.. It's really bugging.. I know you can get rid of them only with chemical peels and stuff.. I wish I could do them.. But both my mom and elder sister are against that.. Whenever I mention about that they tell me how bad it can be for your skin if it goes wrong.. I understand their worries but they don't feel my pain.. Both of them have clear skin and hardly ever get a spot.. They don't know anything about different forms and % of peels..

Anyways I can't do them as of now cause they won't let me.. So I decided to discover any products that could help me with this.. Luckily they are fine if I use products that are gentle on the skin.. I found out about two products.. One is Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum and second is Olay Regenerist Daily Thermal Mini-Peel.. I want to go for olay products cause I have been using their moisturizer for over 2 years now.. I love their stuff.. I read its reviews both the products look good to me.. I am confused which one to buy.. I can buy only one right now.. I am taking help from ABG Fairy on this as she uses olay products and she is really sweet to help me on this.. I am hoping this product will help me.. :pray:

I have been drinking green smoothies everyday and its been going good.. I have started steaming my face again once a day.. Also moisturizing.. I noticed when I don't moisturize my face the red marks last longer.. As in the more you keep your face dry they'll take time to heal.. So its important to keep your skin moist.. I don't do anything else other than this.. My current skin status - Forehead and chin are clear.. I have 1 spot on right cheek and 2-3 on the left cheek..

I'm hoping to see more results in another week as I'll finish a month.. Let's see.. :)

Keep us informed on the Olay products. I wouldnt mind giving something like that a go sometime. I love doing face masks and things like that- my skin feels so good for a few days after and usually stays clear. Ive never tried any sort of peel. Are you in the UK Romsia or abroad? Maybe I could find the same products here.

DAY 31 :

:dance: It's the end of month and I'm still here.. :D Well where do I start.. I sounded little different in the last post more like sad but I'm back with a bang.. I really can't stay depressed for long.. :D I know that was funny but dealing with acne has made me tough.. :nod:

Last Tuesday I had gone for an outing.. It was like an hour drive from my house.. The place was like a hilly region and it was raining.. It was so beautiful surrounded by the greenery and the pleasant atmosphere.. I immediately forgot my problems and enjoyed like hell.. I wish I had time to stay there but my busy life doesn't let me.. :doh: I did eat healthy on that day as well but I also did eat some sweet stuff.. Oh that chocolate fudge was awesome.. Hehe.. I returned back around 11 PM.. After having a nice hot water bath I noticed my face was looking amazingly good and glowing.. I don't know the reason I had just applied my olay moisturizer in the morning and hadn't even seen my face the entire day (which doesn't happen everyday :D).. I think it was the effect of the fresh air or something or probably I was just happy that day.. I had a wonderful day.. I think I need to go for such outings more often as they are great stress busters..

Alright so lets get back here.. My skin has been doing pretty good lately.. No major eruptions.. I didn't get the time to look for those products I mentioned last time.. From the information I received from ABG Fairy, the serum works great for discoloration due to sun.. So I am not sure if it'll help red marks and mild scars much.. Thermal mini peel sounds a better option but I have to make sure it will suit my sensitive skin.. Argh.. This is pretty confusing.. I know unless I use the product I wouldn't understand what will it do my skin.. I might look for them in nearby shops on tuesday.. Lets see.. I might get some more information from the sales girls out there.. I'll update if I get any product..

Current skin status - My forehead and chin are clear.. My right cheek is clear.. :dance: I have 3 spots on the corner of the left cheek.. I can't see them from front and they get easily hidden by my hair.. So I get a feeling like I'm acne free.. :D My right cheek hasn't look this good in past 2-3 months.. Obviously it has red marks but they have faded quite a lot.. All my red marks earlier were more like dark brown and now they are very light brown and some are pink.. :) So its looking good.. My right cheek had given me more trouble than the left one.. My left cheek had very few red marks earlier.. But my stupid attempt at extracting the clogged pores gave me more acne there last week.. I had few clogged pores on the left side and as I was very close to being clear I could notice the smallest details of my skin.. This is actually weird with me.. I had learnt how to extract blackheads/clogged pores with an extractor from a friend who works in a salon.. I have done this before too but its not always it'll come fine.. I could do well with some and not with others and as a result it forms an acne there.. huh.. I have decided not to touch that extractor again.. :naughty: It's probably a good idea to go the salon and get it done there once in a month or so depending upon the situation.. I would have been clear by now if I hadn't done that.. Never mind I learnt a lesson..

I am following my diet strictly.. I am not taking any supplement right now.. I also stopped drinking green smoothies.. I don't know why but I have been getting busy lately and I didn't see how it was helping my skin.. I will start it again but may not take it every day but whenever I can.. They are pretty healthy.. I am also steaming my face and using moisturizer everyday.. That's all.. :)

Edited by Romsia

Keep us informed on the Olay products. I wouldnt mind giving something like that a go sometime. I love doing face masks and things like that- my skin feels so good for a few days after and usually stays clear. Ive never tried any sort of peel. Are you in the UK Romsia or abroad? Maybe I could find the same products here.

Christof,

You should be able find these products easily in UK.. Just look in stores nearby.. If you don't find them you can order them online.. I haven't got these products yet so I don't know.. I'll tell ya if I get any..

DAY 42 :

Alright guys.. I have finally reached there.. I am 100% clear.. :catdance::boogie::blush::clap::dance:

Oh gosh I cannot explain how happy I am.. You can get that from the number of smileys I've put above.. :D I am pleased with my efforts and patience and don't know what all.. Even though this regimen has taken more time compared to other medications I have used before, it has worked amazing well for me.. Now let me tell I have been clear for past 4 days but I wanted to wait a while to see if it stays.. I know its too early to comment on that but I wanted to update here so badly.. :D

Ok so lets see what I added in my regimen in past few days.. I have stayed pretty strict with the diet and drinking water stuff.. I was little lazy on the exercise though but never mind.. As I said last time thanks to my stupid attempt I had developed few acne on the sides of left cheek.. Earlier I though they aren't that bad but to my surprise they grew pretty big.. And I was wondering what to use for that.. So I was looking around the boards to find something to help them.. And I decided to give DKR a try only for the affected area.. Well I have used BP before when my Derm had prescribed it to me along with clindamycin and doxy (100mg).. The combo had worked so great for me, clearing me in 15 days.. The drawbacks I noticed were it made my skin flakey and worsen my red marks like never before.. So I had quit using the stuff.. (This actually inspired me to take the holistic approach).. And as usual my acne came back.. Later I sometimes I have used BP as a spot treatment .. Anyways so I read everything about the regimen and exactly did it for a week on the sides of left cheek and that area cleared.. I am not using it anymore.. But I'm mentioning this because it worked very fast and helped me achieve my mark..

I have cleared all other areas only with the diet and some rules I mentioned the first post.. My forehead and chin have remained clear for more than 15 days now.. I can say my right cheek has stayed clear for about 10 days and left one for 4 days.. So This is pretty big achievement for me with diet changes.. :) By now I am used to the changes hence I don't find it difficult to keep up with it so I'm expecting to stay clear in future as well.. Oh I have to mention this, since I did cut out so many things to eat, as a result I had no other option but to include those vegetables which I never liked before.. (Fist of all, I don't have many options being a vegetarian :D) I think earlier I was just stubborn when it came to eat them, I even used to refuse to taste.. But I am glad I am eating so much healthier now.. :)

I also changed my cleanser (this has nothing to do with me clearing up).. But I wasn't just happy with what I was using before.. I visited my aunt few days back and she gave quite a few samples of Shiseido Pureness range.. (She has a friend who works for them so she keeps getting these).. I am currently using their cleanser.. They are two of them actually, one is cleansing fluid and the other one is cleansing foam creme, I use them alternately.. I loved them from the first wash.. They have very nice and mild fragrance.. It doesn't dry out my skin and cleanses it pretty well.. I am pretty happy with them.. I checked Shiseido products are quite expensive but as long as I am getting free samples.. Who cares.. :D:P

I also started moisturizing two times a day.. I noticed my skin looks so much better when I moisturize it at night as well.. I use my apricot scrub twice a week.. It helps me to get rid of the dead skin.. As a result of all this, I feel the texture of my skin has improved quite a lot.. I can feel the smoothness while applying the moisturizer which I have never noticed before..

I am left with some red marks and mild scarring (mostly on the right cheek).. I am using some home remedies for them currently.. I was thinking of a product that has AHA in it.. I don't know which one but something mild say around 4% to 8% AHA.. If you guys are aware of any good product please let me know.. That'll be of great help for me.. Will keep you posted.. Cya.. :)

Edited by Romsia

Thats fantastic news! Im really happy for you :) Well done for sticking with everything. Its not easy at all but you are evidence of how sticking with your own regime will equal fantastic results.

I can feel your happiness in your writing! Very upbeat :)