Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brittbrat4416

For the ladies on Accutane

I'm just wondering since bc is required while on accutane do you still have to pay for it or is it provided by your derm? I have insurance but I'd rather not pay for it if I don't have to and I'm pretty sure I'm on one of the more expensive bc's.

Yes, you have to pay for it. I started Yaz and its $20 a month with insurance. If you have TriCare through the army, it'll be cheaper.

Yes, you have to pay for it. I started Yaz and its $20 a month with insurance. If you have TriCare through the army, it'll be cheaper.

Thanks. I'm on yaz too. My derm gave me a starter pack the first month, but I got a perscription from my PCP just in case. Personally I think it should be provided since we HAVE to take it but oh well.

Yeah, I agree. I think its because if people have to pay for it, they are more likely to use it rather than it going to waste. I like being on Yaz. I didn't get the big initial breakout that most people get when they start accutane, since Yaz helps with acne too.

Yeah I like it too. No side effects so far and I'm hoping this will help stay me stay clear once I'm off accutane. Are you currently on accutane?

Yes. You are responsible for your own BC. I'm on Yaz. U was prescribed an entire year & it cost me nothing. Most insurances including HMO allows you to purchase BC at an affordable price, sometimes at no cost... no matter which brand it is. If you would rather not pay you can try a clinic.

Yes. You are responsible for your own BC. I'm on Yaz. U was prescribed an entire year & it cost me nothing. Most insurances including HMO allows you to purchase BC at an affordable price, sometimes at no cost... no matter which brand it is. If you would rather not pay you can try a clinic.

Yeah I have an HMO insurance too. I'm sure it won't be too expensive, it was just a thought that maybe it would be provided. Ah the joys of being a woman :doh:

Yeah I like it too. No side effects so far and I'm hoping this will help stay me stay clear once I'm off accutane. Are you currently on accutane?

Yep, just started my 4th month. I think its really worth it.