Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Glass

Initial Breakout?

It's my 4th day on accutane and I look the most horrible I've been in my entire life. The pimples I've had before it have started forming whiteheads now, and they hurt. Have 3 new cysts on my forehead, which also hurt and look hellish. And I have to go to school looking like this.

I know it's been asked before, but how long after the initial breakout starts drying up? Oh and my skin isn't even dry actually. Just the lips. Is that normal? I take 30mg a day, and I'm around 60kg.

my IB lasted around 2 months or so if i rem correctly. my skin doesnt really feel dry too but no harm moisturising i guess. and never never pick at the big ones. i did and they left behind nasty scars :(

my IB lasted around 2 months or so if i rem correctly. my skin doesnt really feel dry too but no harm moisturising i guess. and never never pick at the big ones. i did and they left behind nasty scars :(

What about the ones that pop on their own? Do they also scar? :confused:

Hi there (:

I'm starting my 2nd month today. I too was in the same boat as you. For your cysts I recomend going to your derm asap so they can give you that shot... I can't think of what it's called (haha) but there's only one shot u can get on your breakout. I just did itfor the 1st time on 2 cysts I had & WOW!!! It made a huge difference. My cysts went dwn over night! OMG I was so excited when I woke up yesterday morning (: whatever you do... DON'T pick. It's hard not to, but you will regret it bc it will leave red marks.

As far as your dry lips and skin.. My skin has had moments of dryness, but nothing extreme. And I've just completed month 1... It might also be the serum I'm using. It's great! But I'm really not sure. My lips are super dry tho. Have been since about day 6.

You shouldn't worry. Everything sounds perfectly normal. I had about 6 breakouts and 2 of them were being stubborn. That's why I chose to get that shot. I can already see a change in the clarity of my skin.

Good luck to you on your way to clear skin. You can take a look at my log if you want. I wrote down my symptoms through the month. I don't know if that'll be any help to you or not.

I'll be checking in with your progress..

Xo-stevie