Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wanted:clear skin

What would these marks/scars be called?

I'm 16 and have had acne since I was about 13 and up until 4 months ago it was pretty mild. But now from my temple to the side of my left eyebrow I have these light brown marks with a few light purplish ones. Now I'm getting concerned because 3 days ago I had a pimple just above my eyebrow and I didn't pop it or pick it all I did was wash my face with a cloth and when I woke up it was gone and a brown mark was there. I have the same problem on my right temple but it hasn't advanced to my eyebrow area. So what my question is: what are these marks called and why do I get them so easily?

Excellent. I'm glad I could help.

I've moved this thread to the Red Marks Left After Acne board now. Take some time to look around this board. You'll find plenty of threads with methods people have used to help fade hyperpigmentation. ; )

Sounds like hyperpigmentation to me. There's some information about it here (just click the 'Hyperpigmentation' tab).

Let me know if that sounds like what you're experiencing, because if it is, I'm going to move this thread to the Red Marks Left After Acne page.

Hi 'c'est la vigne'

I asked this question in another topic but i did not get a response, could you perhaps help clarify the following?

What is the difference between red marks and hyper pigmentation scars? I have read the sticky's but it just leaves me more confused (i am not a US citizen)

I have been told the type of scar I have is that of broken skin and the redness is coming from the skin underneath the epidermis and this cannot be removed Is this true??

Hi 'c'est la vigne'

I asked this question in another topic but i did not get a response, could you perhaps help clarify the following?

What is the difference between red marks and hyper pigmentation scars? I have read the sticky's but it just leaves me more confused (i am not a US citizen)

I have been told the type of scar I have is that of broken skin and the redness is coming from the skin underneath the epidermis and this cannot be removed Is this true??

Scars are permanent and happen when normal skin is replaced by more fibrous skin. Hyperpigmentation does fade, although it may take months (or even years), and is basically increased pigment in the skin, not a type of scar.

Now, sometimes scars do appear red or pink, and that generally fades over the years. That might be what you're dealing with.

Hi 'c'est la vigne'

Scars are permanent and happen when normal skin is replaced by more fibrous skin. Hyperpigmentation does fade, although it may take months (or even years), and is basically increased pigment in the skin, not a type of scar.

Now, sometimes scars do appear red or pink, and that generally fades over the years. That might be what you're dealing with.

Ok, dont want to bother you BUT could the ACV help with both of those scars or does it help just one particular scar better? Thats my final question and thank you for your swift reply :)

Hi 'c'est la vigne'

Ok, dont want to bother you BUT could the ACV help with both of those scars or does it help just one particular scar better? Thats my final question and thank you for your swift reply :)

Some people have used ACV to help speed up the fading of hyperpigmentation, but I don't think it'll do anything for actual scarring.