Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hrov

Cetaphil suitible for the regime??

I live in the UK so dont want to buy Dans products (if I was in the USA, i would definately order them, they look great).

But i am finding it hard to understand which cleanser, and moisturiser to buy.

I have seen the Cetaphil cleanser which to me looks OK at an affordable price, but i have seen that others dont rate it as it made them breakout further.

I was thinking about getting the Cetaphil moisturiser too.

So really all i am asking is firstly are these two suitable for Dans regime (I think i will be using panoxyl 2.5 or 5 for the BP) and any other views / recommendations of other products or personal experiences are appreciated.

Thanks for any help

hey dude. get the 2.5 DONT GET THE 5! i REPEAT! only 2.5. i'm using 2.5 right now and its drying the shit out of me. sorry for the harsh language. but this gel is really harsh. if u have sensitive skin like me. start with 1/4 of your finger. just enough to coat your face. it might sting a little . its normal. use and use alot of moisturizer. cause its gonna be super dry. and yeah. if it does get really red. u have to put ice on ur face to cool it down. get some ice cubes and wrap it in a towel. wet them and slap over your face. leave it on and take it out to breath. and slap on again. KEY POINT! DONT ever do it without the towel. cause it will irritate your acne. and dont rub okay? yeah. good luck. i'm on my 3rd day. with panoxyl 2.5. it works. but super harsh and dry. red too. start slow okay? hopefully we get clear!

hey dude. get the 2.5 DONT GET THE 5! i REPEAT! only 2.5. i'm using 2.5 right now and its drying the shit out of me. sorry for the harsh language. but this gel is really harsh. if u have sensitive skin like me. start with 1/4 of your finger. just enough to coat your face. it might sting a little . its normal. use and use alot of moisturizer. cause its gonna be super dry. and yeah. if it does get really red. u have to put ice on ur face to cool it down. get some ice cubes and wrap it in a towel. wet them and slap over your face. leave it on and take it out to breath. and slap on again. KEY POINT! DONT ever do it without the towel. cause it will irritate your acne. and dont rub okay? yeah. good luck. i'm on my 3rd day. with panoxyl 2.5. it works. but super harsh and dry. red too. start slow okay? hopefully we get clear!

Perhaps Panoyxl 2.5% has changed a lot in the 8 years or so since I tried it but I found it to be a horrible topical. Made me far more red + more irritation than 10% Quinoderm did.

If you find the Panoxyl to be bad too I would suggest giving Quinoderm 5% a go or Brevoxyl 4% a shot.

Lastly, I know this might sound like an advertisement for Dan's products, which I suppose it is - I would push the boat out and get the BP 2.5% from Dan. If nothing else. It is like nothing else I have ever used. So much more gentle than any other BP product. Cetaphil is a good substitute for Dan's cleanser and I guess someone else may be able to recommend a moisturiser if you need one. But really - get Dan's BP, it's a generous size and so worth it.