Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
johncat

Can Sunscreen cause breakouts?

So for two weekends in a row I use sunscreen on my face, both times they were greasy kind and it didnt say on the bottle that they were non-comodenic or however u spell that, here is what i used at the pool pretty heavily

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp87607_333181_s...port_spf_30.htm

Cause this cause acne cause I have noticed breakouts on my chest and some on my face??? Any ideas people?

Some people are also sensitive to chemical sunscreens. You could try a physical one instead (something that lists titanium dioxide or zinc oxide as the active ingredient) and see if that makes a difference.

It could definitely have been the sunscreen... Neutrogena makes a nice sunscreen for the face that won't clog pores. Some sunscreens are too greasy and oily for the face and will make you breakout, unless you specifically buy one that states "won't clog pores"

I had this problem also. Your face is unique, it's different, and a little more complex, then the rest of your body might be. You should never use a product that is used for your body on your face.

They actually sell a sunscreen that is for the face. I tried it, and it lives up to it's word that it will not clog your pores. I love it, and it also kept me away from sunburn!

Coppertone NutraShield Faces, Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 70

Very cheap also!