Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey guys. i'll be finishing my tane course next week. thinking of getting dan's AHA, is it safe to use it? and also there's a note saying not to use it at the start of the regimen. any advices?

will be using it for scars/red marks left behind by tane :(

Are you going to do Dan's regimen for maintenance or just the AHA? The AHA will probably burn and irritate at first if you try to use it every day and aren't used to retinols. A little bit once or twice a week is a good start until you work your way up. Yes, it's safe to use after Accutane as long as you start off slowly. I love it.

Hi thanks alot for your prompt reply. i'm not using dan's regimen. just using cetaphil as my daily facial wash. my doc gave me this 0.025 stieva-a cream for maintenance.

good to hear i'm able to use it after tane cause i've heard otherwise from some other people. say if i use it like twice a week is it a slow enough start? just wondering is aha good for scars? once again thanks! :D

You're very welcome! AHA is good for scars, yes. It won't make them vanish overnight, but helps to exfoliate the skin so they'll appear smoother. You can try twice a week, but directly after Accutane you may find that too much too soon. Your skin will let you know. I hope the stieva-a cream works out for you well, too. :)

haha ill do once a week then. i read bout this beta product of dan's its the SA+. what's the difference between AHA and SA ?

The Difference Between Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Acids

There is only one beta hydroxy acid - salicylic acid. The main difference between alpha hydroxy acids and beta hydroxy acid is their lipid (oil) solubility. Alpha hydroxy acids are water soluble only, while beta hydroxy acid is lipid (oil) soluble. This means that beta hydroxy acid is able to penetrate into the pore which contains sebum and exfoliate the dead skin cells that are built up inside the pore. Because of this difference in properties, beta hydroxy acid is better used on oily skin with blackheads and whiteheads. Alpha hydroxy acids are better used on thickened, sun-damaged skin where breakouts are not a problem.

http://dermatology.about.com/cs/skincareproducts/a/aha_2.htm

I didn't know either so took a looksie. :)

hi guys just got my AHA and jojoba oil in the mail today. and coincidentally its the last day of my accutane course too. some i have before i start to use AHA.

1. should i start using it tonight ?

2. how much of AHA do i use?

3. how long do i leave the AHA on?

sorry if they're really newbie questions, first time using AHA. appreciate all comments. thanks guys!