Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
omgu8myrice

Going crazy over a single pimple

I'm not sure what type of pimple this is, but it's driving me nuts!

8 months of retin a and I'm really starting to clear up. Can't remember the last time I popped a pimple or had a pimple last for two or more days (and they're always small).

However, since I started Retin-A back in Dec, I've had this one pimple that is STILL here.

It started off as this huge pimple that grew under the skin and puffed up an entire side of my face. When it surfaced, it was pretty big and very noticeable. While it calmed down quite a bit since then, it still looks just as inflamed and bulbous. It's going on 8 months and it's still nowhere near disappearing. What kind of pimple is this, and more importantly, is there any product (OTC or RX) that is used to treat these specifically besides Accutane?

Thanks

It sounds like one of those persistent acne cysts that take forever to heal. Check with your derm and see if you can have it injected with cortisone. Even with an injection, your derm may also have to surgically drain it to ensure that it will go away (that's worst case)...but please check with the derm...

All the best,

Joe Zit