Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carmusen

Do you feel intimidated by good-looking confident clear-skinned people?

I do.

I always get anxious whenever I'm around them--whether it be ordering something at a restaurant or on a line for a movie. I was on the bus and there were 3 young teenage girls with clear skin, confident and loud, and they made me nervous.

What about you?

^ Why they're not all like the stereotyped girl in the movies.

Yea it's not them it's me......

Guest invaderzim

naaah, i don't give a shit. the only thing that remotely pisses me off is when they act like they really think they're better or something because their genes clearly didn't have a history of acne or whatever.

i pretty much act like a rock star wherever i go, so if anything they should be intimidated by my awesomeness lol

naaah, i don't give a shit. the only thing that remotely pisses me off is when they act like they really think they're better or something because their genes clearly didn't have a history of acne or whatever.

i pretty much act like a rock star wherever i go, so if anything they should be intimidated by my awesomeness lol

Yea, i agree on what u said. What really pisses me off is their attitude and actions. They try to intimidate us just because they have f***king good skin. They think that we are just some ugly monsters and they talk and comment like we are deaf. For me when i met such person, I will stare hard at them when i heard such comments. Of course it depends on my mood for that day! If i were happy that day, i will just pretend that i never hear and walk off.

But of course i do select my 'foes'. If they were some old men or women, usually i let it rest out of respect for them. But if it were some cheeky guys or ladies out there thinking that they are more 'superior' than us because of their flawless skin, i usually will say smth back to 'shoot' them back. It's usually their flaw. I know i am bad but hey think about this, don't u have flaws too?

Hey if u were such person happening to be reading this, STOP all these comments. And i am not afraid of people making these comments to me, i am angry because i don't feel happy about it. Who wants to be commented on? So i am just trying to let u guys have a taste fo your own medicine.

ARghhhhh

I like to think that if I forget that I have acne, other people can't see it. A bit of the rock star complex Yea that works until I come across a mirror. I only get uncomfortable when people start talking about breakouts and I feel like they are looking at me in comparison and it makes me uncomfortable.

I wonder if it is more socially acceptable to be overweight or acne stricken?

If you have really bad skin, but work out a way to see yourself with perfect skin and think and act accordingly, be completely comfortable with your appearance, then you will notice that people will begin to not bug you about your skin. They may even begin admire and look up to you.

But if you sit there, scared and hoping people wont notice and say bad stuff about your acne you will surely attract people that are going to make your fears materialize.

I like to think that if I forget that I have acne, other people can't see it. A bit of the rock star complex Yea that works until I come across a mirror. I only get uncomfortable when people start talking about breakouts and I feel like they are looking at me in comparison and it makes me uncomfortable.

I wonder if it is more socially acceptable to be overweight or acne stricken?

overweight. arent like 1 in 3 ppl in the US overweight? more than have bad skin

I get jealous and feel 2nd next to a hot girl with clear skin that I am attracted to and I wonder if her girly as will think I'm gross because I have acne, but hey, if she shows any sign of repulsion, i'll slap her. no, well.. in my mind, then I laugh at my own imaginations and get on with life.

But I DO NOT feel intimated next to clear skinned men, in fact I feel like a confident soldier gone through an emotional warzone. I feel they havent experienced what I have and thus they are pussies who take sh for granted.

especially around people my age I feel the most embarrassed, because I feel like they are judging me the most. I can just feel them looking down on me :( uggggg I hate feeling like that!!!

I do.

I always get anxious whenever I'm around them--whether it be ordering something at a restaurant or on a line for a movie. I was on the bus and there were 3 young teenage girls with clear skin, confident and loud, and they made me nervous.

What about you?

When I was looking my worst, teenagers always made me a bit nervous. The mixture of hormones and the need to act cool or tough in front of their friends makes them very unpredictable. They can shout out the meanest, rudest things or just start giggling. Ugh, very annoying. Of course not all you teens are bad, lol.

especially around people my age I feel the most embarrassed, because I feel like they are judging me the most. I can just feel them looking down on me :( uggggg I hate feeling like that!!!

I admit to feeling a bit of this at times, especially in the past when I looked a lot worse. These people are supposed to be your peers, these are the people your are supposed to hang out with. You look at them and you see their nice skin and all the fun they are having just being normal and then you compare them to yourself, your crappy appearance and the shy way it makes you act. The feelings of inadequacy and embaressment swell within you. It make you want to run away from them. Thank god it doesn't always have to be this way.