Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
inecocat

could you break out more after getting blu u treatment

hi

i am new here and i would really appreciated any help from any veteran or from anyone at all that could give me some answers. I had acne when i was a teenager, but then in my twenties i got on birth control pills and my face clear up completely, and when i turn 28 i got off of the birth control because me and my partner was trying to have a baby, well since i turn 30 till now (i am now 31) my face have been breaking out around my cheeks on and off like about 5 to 10 pimple a month and leaving scar on my cheeks, so i decided to go to one dermatologist after trying a bunch of stuff and the dermatologist prescribe me some topical lotion that made me break out like crazy, like rash crazy. I gave up on her and went to another dermatologist with a med spa place. They recommended me to have a series of skin medix peels and also the Blu-U treatment. Well yesterday i went in for my Blu-U treatment and i had on spf of 90 on my face and the esthetician just gave me the eye goggle and told me to lay down on the bed and put the light on my face for around 20 min. well when i went home i did some research and it stated that my face was suppose to be wash and cleanse without any product on it before the treatment. And today i woke up with a bunch of little bumps and some was with white heads on top and my face feel a little itchy. Could some one let me know if it is normal to get this kind of reaction after the procedure of the blu-u light. Anyone can help at all would be greatly greatly appreciated please please help me and give me some info. Thanks so much for your help

hi

i am new here and i would really appreciated any help from any veteran or from anyone at all that could give me some answers. I had acne when i was a teenager, but then in my twenties i got on birth control pills and my face clear up completely, and when i turn 28 i got off of the birth control because me and my partner was trying to have a baby, well since i turn 30 till now (i am now 31) my face have been breaking out around my cheeks on and off like about 5 to 10 pimple a month and leaving scar on my cheeks, so i decided to go to one dermatologist after trying a bunch of stuff and the dermatologist prescribe me some topical lotion that made me break out like crazy, like rash crazy. I gave up on her and went to another dermatologist with a med spa place. They recommended me to have a series of skin medix peels and also the Blu-U treatment. Well yesterday i went in for my Blu-U treatment and i had on spf of 90 on my face and the esthetician just gave me the eye goggle and told me to lay down on the bed and put the light on my face for around 20 min. well when i went home i did some research and it stated that my face was suppose to be wash and cleanse without any product on it before the treatment. And today i woke up with a bunch of little bumps and some was with white heads on top and my face feel a little itchy. Could some one let me know if it is normal to get this kind of reaction after the procedure of the blu-u light. Anyone can help at all would be greatly greatly appreciated please please help me and give me some info. Thanks so much for your help

the blu-u light treatment was one of the first ones that i used a few years ago or so, and unfortunately i had a really bad experience with it. i had quite a few treatments done and as i had them i noticed my face was progressively worse. i remember my dad telling me my forehead looked like a "mine field." :doh: i hope you have a better experience, but i ultimately stopped cus i just couldn't take the break outs anymore.