Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NoMiRRoRs

Antibotics, BC, and Pregnant?

Okay all....so I finally found a Rx that seemed to be working (Spiro), and now I find out that I'm pregnant. No more spiro, no more retin a, back to square one. On someones post I read that it's ok to take birth control pills while pregnant. I have yet to confirm pregnancy with a doc, so I'm not sure how true it is that taking antibotics and/or birth control is safe while pregnant. To all of the mothers, mothers-to-be, and anyone who may be knowledgeable on the subject, please enlighten me. I appreciate it!

From MayoClinic.com:

What happens if you take birth control pills while you're pregnant?

If you continued taking your birth control pill because you didn't realize you were pregnant, don't be alarmed. Despite years of this accident happening, there's very little evidence that exposure to the hormones in birth control pills causes birth defects.

Still, the birth control pill is a potent estrogen. Lessons learned from women who took diethylstilbestrol--a synthetic estrogen that was later linked with cancer--to prevent miscarriage in early pregnancy suggest that such exposure should be minimized.

Once you learn that you're pregnant, stop taking the birth control pill.