Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Man this just really pisses me off. People just cant seem to keep their mouths shut when they have to comment about our acne. For example one of my roomates has already commented about 4 different times about my acne. The one that really got me was when I had this nasty mean cyst right between my eyes and he was like....MAN YOU LOOK LIKE A UNICORN in his stupid brazilian redneck voice. Seems like this happens almost weekly for me and probably many of you as well. I hate it when children also make comments even though they probably dont mean any harm. "Hey did you know you have a bunch of zits on your face? Have you been eating a lot of chocolate?"

STFU

I have been tempted many times to do just that. However another roommate commented the other day that he has already seen improvement...so its like balancing between me wanting to kill that jerk, and then the other boosting me up a bit

ugh, your roommates sound immature and rude. i hope you don't have to live with them for long. do you have a friend's place you can stay at sometimes to avoid them?

Me and my work buddy will actually be moving out this week to our new apartment which will be nice. Living with 6 twenty year old guys is just a mess haha

The children who make comments, well...you can't do anything about that, because children will not restrain themselves when they make comments. However, if I had roommates that were rude to me about my acne I would change roommates. You do have control over that.

you should just tell them straight to mind their own f'king business, people like that (adults) dont deserve your time so dont give them it :]

ignore them, they mostly likely don't mean any harm.

like today at work, i offended an overweight college with something i said, but that was not my intention and i wasn't being hurtful.

people can just be unaware of how sensitive others are about their problems.

jordan, sorry to here man. but everyone is human, its easy for someone who doesnt have acne to joke about it and not understand how it feels. ie. if you make a fat joke if your skinny. for your roomate, you should just handle it like a man, tell him how it make you feel, and if he do it again step to him, cause then he's just not gettin the picture. dont let yourself be walked over like that, regardless of skin, if someone is gonna throw jabs like that they just tryin to feel you out and run you. i know id hook the shit out of him the 2nd time.

as for the kids haha, they kids, i wouldnt look too much into it..good luck bruh

Yeah, children can be nasty. I once went to the dermatologist and there was this little girl with her mother in a waiting room and the little girl looked at me for a sec and she whispered in her mother's ear: "Is this guy here because of the acne?" , but of course loud enough so I and a few people around them could hear what she said. I just wanted to hit her with something. :):):) Of course I came to see dermatlogist because of the acne.

People have never given me a hard time about the acne, I mean except this darn little girl. Just pretend you don't care, act all self confident. Yes i'm not so confident but i act like I am and it's doing fine so far. This probably isn't very good advice, I mean psychologically, but it's working for me.

Just hang in there, they'll go away and till then focus on your other qualities.

Sometimes it's better to not say anything. Kindness ultimately defeats bitterness and often makes people feel pretty small, really quick. You could also agree with them and say "you know what; Your right, I do have acne". "thanks for takeing the time to notice the process of my weakness being bleeded out." I mean, how can they agrue with you when you agree with them. Bullies don't go looking for people with back bone, they look for people who are victims or people that are letting their current cirumstances affect them. They never go after people who have things figured out just as much as them or even more so.

keep your head up, people that give people a hard time; are usually just as insecure as the person their making fun or they just think to highly of themselves in a "cocky" way.

The best thing to do when someone comments your acne in a rude way is to say something harsh back; like a counter-insult. Find a weakness or flaw they have and use it against them. Revenge is justice.

The children who make comments, well...you can't do anything about that, because children will not restrain themselves when they make comments.

You can always say to them "this'll be you in a few years" - I used that one a lot on my little cousin when we had our banter. Sure enough, he's in his teens now and enjoying mild acne, just as I have been on the regimen and am now clear! Whoever thought poetic justice would favour me after all these years.

Sorry to hear about the rude comments you've had mate. People can be very annoying. There isn't much one can do except just not take it personally. They probably do it as banter and don't get that it really hurts you. Just need to be thick-skinned, I'm sure there's some kind of irony there someplace...

my nephew just came over to visit me from out of state and my sister asked me to go a water park with them. i told them that i didnt want to go. i havent seen my nephew in over 2 years and the last time he saw me i had bad acne. he asked me how come i didnt want to go and said was it because i had so many acne on my back and that i didnt want to take off my shirt. he even commented and compare my back to the surface of the moon. little kids says the darnest things huh.

I think the problem is that the general public still considers acne to be a passing thing--like a rash--and have no clue that it can be a long, difficult and stressful battle. So anyone insensitive enough to make fun of it believes it isn't a big deal, since it will just go away.

I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't immediately sympathize with the truth of the matter and lay off. But it definitely feels like a very embarrassing matter to discuss.

--

In water parks, there are bound to be people who wear T-shirts. People who simply have a nasty sunburn and don't want to make it worse. You can easily get away with being one of those people. Quick explanation and you don't have to avoid having fun.

my worst experience was probs at school year 9 i think, and this boy deliberatly hit me in the face, which broke a spot which started to bleed. His justification for his actions "see? i helped you out"

this happened about 5 years ago, but still makes me sad when i remeber it

little kids are the WORST. " did you know you have spots on your face?" "did you know you have pimples!?" "whats on your face?" AGHH.

i remember one time i went to visit my great grandmother who is 101. she felt the need to say "you have some pimples here" pointing a bunch out with her finger. i don't care how old she is i wanted to slap her haha.

the people who give me the least sh*t are ironically teenagers..

The worst I ever got was an old man at work. He said, "what's wrong with your face?" and then "we had something like that when I was in the navy... they called it impetigo"!

I was like TAXI!

Just be glad people can look at you and at least say something to you. I've had people run into me because they tried to avert their eyes while walking towards me.