Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtt85

Fatty Food with Accutane

I know that Accutane is absorbed better by your body when eaten with fatty food. My question is: how much fat do you need to take with a pill?

Like, if I have a glass of 2% milk with say 4g of fat, is that enough? Or is the more fat, the better? At what point are you just eating unnecessarily high amounts of fat?

What I personally do is take my pills right after my biggest meal...which would be lunch for me here in brazil since people dont really eat dinner here haha, its more like a snack.

There is no recommended ratio for fat intake while taking a pill. I just take it with dinner usually as that's my fattiest meal. If I have a fatty breakfast, I will take it then. Once I move up to 80 mg and take two pills a day, then there will be more planning involved. But drinking a glass of milk should be enough in conjunction with your meal.

i would say your body will absord it fine with any meal, its just that vitamin A is fat soluble which is why people say that it is absorbed better when eaten with fatty foods.

which btw, anyone have a link to somewhere that says that this is actually the case instead of just someone's idea that it might help? i have a hard time believing that it wouldn't be totally absorbed by your body even with a rather lean meal but i have no idea and i guess it can't hurt to take it with a fatty meal.