Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guys there's an area on my face that has been attacked by REALLY BAD cystic acne. It's been hapnening for roughly 2 years but this year it's left incredibly bad scarring and when i think i'm starting to get on top of it, new cysts occur and create more scarring. It keeps gradually spreading and the scarring is spreading as well. I'm a lot better at knowing how to treat the cysts now but what's weird is that it scars more now than a year ago? Before I'd pick at it and not take care of my skin and nothing would result but now when i 'know' what i'm doing, i get really bad acne and scarring.

ANY help? My derm said i could go on accutane but thinks I should ride it out until it gets ultra bad. When I get cysts I guess i can deal with them but this horrible scarring is ruining my confidence and life!!!!!

Have you tried Niacin? Just a suggestion. I have had quite severe cystic acne, and it finally seems like this is helping the most out of anything. Since it helps circulate the blood in your face, the infection may stop spreading?

U know i had the same problems too. Cystic acne appeared and then gone n i got to deal with scars n before long a new one will appear again. Happened for the last 2 3 mths n now i got all this horrible scar. Still battling like abt 4 or 5 cystic acne. On Doxy and Spiro as im a women. I wont leave my home without my make up as i got to cover my scars. It really look horrible. Makes me sad whenever i looked at my skin in the mirror. So tired of hiding behind my make up. I m due to go for Isolaz treatment in abt 3 weeks after im done with my medication. I am thinking of doing acne peel too in between those treatments i think. Just to get rid of the scars. I will keep my progress update. As for now just sit down n eating the anti biotic. The cystic got smaller but does not stop entirely. So pissed off at acne. :wall: