Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Superuke

It hurts. After BP then moisturizer stings bad

Help. Today is my second day on regimen and my face is super red stings. And dry

I use cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, panoxyl 2.5 and cetaphil moisturizing lotion. After using bp

it's red and burns. After moisturizer it don't help. It stings even badly.

Having trouble sleeping and by the way I only use about one third of my finger for bp.

Having trouble sleeping and by the way I only use about one third of my finger for bp.

From The FAQs:

Q: When I apply the moisturizer it burns/stings. What should I do?

A: Some people may experience light burning or stinging when they are new to the Regimen. The skin may be sensitive from the benzoyl peroxide and this may cause an uncomfortable sensation when the moisturizer is applied. This usually goes away within a week or so as the skin adjusts to the new products. If it doesn't, you may want to try a different moisturizer. See our recommended products page. Also, be sure you did not start out with one of the AHA moisturizers. If you are going to use one of them, it's usually best to wait at least a month before doing so. The glycolic acid and lactic acid in them may create a brief sting or burning sensation to the skin.