Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nitetress

dont know where to start

ok im a 33 yr old female took accutane about 2 yrs ago.still cler (knocks wood )love that drug!!! i have scarring on my cheeks mostly rolling box a little bit of everything.i dont know where to start,my derm says fraxel is my only hope,but im scared too cared after reading many horror stories.i was thinking about a chemical peel,ive never had one b4.my derm ssays dont waste your money its not gonna really help you.:( im soo lost. im currently just toning with ACV ...any sugg plz thanks ppl

hey bklyn, i wa born there. if you have pic let me see,fraxel depends on type of scarring

I do not recomend faxel. i had 2 sessions of it and i saw hardly any improvement. I just went to a new doctor and he is sugesting saline injections and subscision and this other treatment all combined. he wants to target each scar individually which I think is a great idea! anyways, I would suggest going to a diferent doctor. look for a clinic in your area that specializes in lasers or and acne scars. Dont go for fraxel. thats what my last doctor told me and he screwed me over. WASTE OF MONEY! get a second opinion. you want someone that knows what they are talking about. your doctor is lying to you if he says faxel is your only option. its just the only option HE can treat you with.

hope i helped.

Yea fraxel is not a magic bullet that cures everything. Though it is an expensive bullet, hence the reason why it is highly recommended by your derm. Not saying it doesnt help, but it is not the sole treatment out there.