Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stevo9719

Dryness! PLEASE HELP! Picture included...

Hey guys,

So I've been on the Regimen for 12days, since the 9th of July, and for the first 2-3 days my skin was completely fine. Then, on the 4th day, I found that my chin and mouth area got REALLY dry after about 7-8hrs. Too add onto this, it's very dry between cleansing, and moisturizing. This has been occuring ever since.

I'm pretty sure I haven't rushed into using a lot of BP. The first week, I only used half a pump of BP, and half a pump of moisturizer.

Now I'm onto the second week, and I'm using a full pump of BP and a full pump of moisturizer, but I usually have to add more moisturizer on later.

Can you please look these pictures, and determine if my dryness if normal, or if it is too much? Is it a bad reaction to the BP? Should I switch back to half a pump for a couple of weeks?

DSC00455.jpg

DSC00454.jpg

Also, on a side note, are you supposed to use as much moisturizer as BP? For example, if you apply 2 pumps of BP, and you supposed to follow with 2 pumps of moisturizer?

LOL, and another question. Should I add anything onto my Regimen, for example, Jojoba Oil? Will that help fight flakeness and dryness?

On a lighter note, so far the Regimen is going great. I've only had 1 or 2 new pimples, but I think that was because I completely forgot to do the Regimen one day :P Ooops.

I hope you guys can help.

stevo9719 :):)

Hey guys,

So I've been on the Regimen for 12days, since the 9th of July, and for the first 2-3 days my skin was completely fine. Then, on the 4th day, I found that my chin and mouth area got REALLY dry after about 7-8hrs. Too add onto this, it's very dry between cleansing, and moisturizing. This has been occuring ever since.

I'm pretty sure I haven't rushed into using a lot of BP. The first week, I only used half a pump of BP, and half a pump of moisturizer.

Now I'm onto the second week, and I'm using a full pump of BP and a full pump of moisturizer, but I usually have to add more moisturizer on later.

Can you please look these pictures, and determine if my dryness if normal, or if it is too much? Is it a bad reaction to the BP? Should I switch back to half a pump for a couple of weeks?

DSC00455.jpg

DSC00454.jpg

Also, on a side note, are you supposed to use as much moisturizer as BP? For example, if you apply 2 pumps of BP, and you supposed to follow with 2 pumps of moisturizer?

LOL, and another question. Should I add anything onto my Regimen, for example, Jojoba Oil? Will that help fight flakeness and dryness?

On a lighter note, so far the Regimen is going great. I've only had 1 or 2 new pimples, but I think that was because I completely forgot to do the Regimen one day :P Ooops.

I hope you guys can help.

stevo9719 :):)

PS- Sorry, there's another pic of me in my photobucket album , but just ignore that :P:P

oh wow that is super flakey!

However I'm not expert so I couldn't say if you are using too much bp or not but probably not seeing as you didn't react straight away to the bp however the continued use may have made your skin dry...

Perhaps ease off the bp a little like only using it at night or something?

Also I definitely think that you should add some jojoba oil into your moisturiser.

You should also try this if you haven't looked into it already:

[x]

I'm not really sure about the bp to moisturiser ratio but I would assume just use as much moisturiser as you need to keep your skin moisturised.

you have started regimen on the exactly the same date as i did!!

looks like you have very sensitive skin.. you should have used very little amount of Bp from the beginning and increase the amount little by little...

i only used like peanut size amount of bp in the beginning.. then slowly increased the BP

then on the 2nd week it took about 3 day(total 10days) for me to reach one full amount..

dont rush..

You can try moving back down to half a pump of BP for a little longer, or try using half a pump of BP in the morning and a full pump at night. And then just moisturize like crazy (there's no particular amount of moisturizer you should be using--just use enough to moisturize your skin).

Adding jojoba oil into your regimen might help a lot. You could also try exfoliating with jojoba oil.

Your face is definitely dry and flaky, but my face looked pretty much the same when I was new to The Regimen, and I've been on it for over a year now with great results.

In regards to what I said yesterday, I woke up this morning was as flaky if not more!

I think it might be due to me switching bp creams last night...

from oxy5 to benzac 2.5%

but I tried the exfoliating with the jojoba oil and it was REALLLLLLY good! :D

I'm also going to add it to my moisturiser.

Hope things work out for you!

In regards to what I said yesterday, I woke up this morning was as flaky if not more!

I think it might be due to me switching bp creams last night...

from oxy5 to benzac 2.5%

but I tried the exfoliating with the jojoba oil and it was REALLLLLLY good! :D

I'm also going to add it to my moisturiser.

Hope things work out for you!

Hey, thanks so much for the quick replies! I'm definately going to buy the Jojoba oil, as it sounds like it's a very useful thing to have.

Thanks for all the posts guys :) It's helped A LOT! (I'm going to go back down to half a pump for a while now!)

:)

Hi you're welcome!

I was looking at Dan's video's on jojoba oil and in them he mentions how much moisturizer he uses

One pump in the day + six drops of jojoba oil

and double that at night.

I use the olay complete sensitive because I live in Australia and I don't want to have to order the moisturiser and have to pay major postage and handling or whatever...

and he says to use about a quarter sized amount + jojoba oil

Personally I think six drops is a lot! I tried it and after 10 mins of putting on the moisturiser I was still pretty slick. So i waited about another 5 mins and then blotted off the excess with a tissue.

So in future i will probably use less jojoba oil seeing as it isn't cheap!

Same thing happened to me after the first week. I had extremely flaky skin just like yours. But it went away around week 3. My skin just needed some time to adjust and remove all the old stuff. So be patient...this is a great regimen! I've never had skin this clear! Also, I gently rubbed off some of the dead skin under the shower and that seemed to help.

Same thing happened to me after the first week. I had extremely flaky skin just like yours. But it went away around week 3. My skin just needed some time to adjust and remove all the old stuff. So be patient...this is a great regimen! I've never had skin this clear! Also, I gently rubbed off some of the dead skin under the shower and that seemed to help.

Oh great, it's good to hear that I'm not the only one :P

Just a quick question. After you got the extremely flakey skin during week 1, what did you do? Did you stay on half a pump for a while longer? Or something different?

In the topic that mentions exfoliating with jojoba oil I noticed that cool as kim deal uses some jojoba oil BEFORE the bp.

I tried this today and it really helped my skin feel A LOT less dry.

Thanks, I just read it. OMFG, it sounds so great :D LOL, it's the weekend now, so I'll have to wait for my Jojoba for next week :P

So after you used it, did you get any new break outs, etc? That was a BIG help. Now that I've read that post I may use the Jojoba oil after cleansing but before BP.

Do you recommend waiting for your skin to dry after cleansing, or just apply Jojoba straight after you've finished cleansing?

Umm I tend to just pat dry, wait maybe like a minute or so then i apply the jojoba oil but I think I've heard of people applying it while their face is still wet \here + scroll down a little bit to read real maverick's post.

I can't really say if I have gotten any breakouts as a result of the jojoba oil because I haven't really been using it for that long but it's suppose to be really good for your skin and is non-comedogenic, however it can cause breakouts on some people. If you're worried maybe try a patch test or something.

I hope this helps!

Umm I tend to just pat dry, wait maybe like a minute or so then i apply the jojoba oil but I think I've heard of people applying it while their face is still wet \here + scroll down a little bit to read real maverick's post.

I can't really say if I have gotten any breakouts as a result of the jojoba oil because I haven't really been using it for that long but it's suppose to be really good for your skin and is non-comedogenic, however it can cause breakouts on some people. If you're worried maybe try a patch test or something.

I hope this helps!

Okay, thanks :)

Keep me updated on how your skin's going after the Jojoba use.

that is totally normal. i had it almost as bad when i first started the regimen. i knew i had sensetive skin but i didnt think it could dry up so much. that is completely normal for our type of skin and once you keep using it, the dryness stops almost completely. make sure you are rubbing it in good enough like suntan lotion. i wouldn't stop using the regimen because acne.org is the best solution ive seen thus far to cure my acne.