Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aisforapple

To doctor or not to doctor?

Hey all a while back I wanted to start the regimen but my face started to clear up a bit with the otc stuff I was using so I delayed it(c&c advanced btw). Now it's been about two months and I feel like my acnes getting worse and new pimples are definently forming. I want to start the regimen because I see all the results and hear the great feedback. I know it won't happen instantly but from what I see, sticking to it really pays off.

I wouldn't say sticking to a program is hard for me, I'm used to it. I used Proactiv for 2 years, as directed, it did nothing but drain my money. I want to get on the regimen but my mom wants me to visit the doctor and get some kind of perscription. So what do you think would give me better chances of clear skin? Seeing the doc or taking the leap on the regimen?

If you go to the doctors, they will probably prescribe an antibiotic or a topical cream.

Both could be used with the regimen.

Why don't you try talking to your mom about trying The Regimen for a few months first?

To me, at least, it makes more sense to try something that's available over-the-counter first, since it would be easy to get, and it's relatively cheap. Then, if The Regimen doesn't work (although I think it probably will--I've been on The Regimen for over a year, and it's been amazing!), you can go to your doctor or derm to discuss prescription medications.

And you're right, not just any topical can be used with The Regimen. The Regimen is designed around 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide specifically.

Ok, that sounds good! Thanks for the insight!

I've convinced her to let me buy it so now all that's left is to wait and see! Wish me luck!