Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I think the water in my area is not good or something. Ive been at my moms house visiting and when i wash my face with the water at her house, it doesnt feel dry or tight, but really good. the water at my house feels completely different it feels drying and harsh. could this have alink to acne does anyone know what im talking about or am i crazy??

Water quality varies from place to place. Some add chemicals that others do not, and vice versa. So I guess in a theoretical sense it could affect acne, but I seriously doubt this is the case.

Well Im going to be at my moms place for a couple more days so I'll post afterwards if there are any changes in my face. thanks!

Yeah, when I moved to a different part of England the water went from being soft (I think it's called soft...maybe not confused.gif) in Devon to 'hard' water in the South West. Personally I didn't notice any difference, but some people think the water tastes different so I can see where you're coming from with the washing thing.

I don't think it would have any real difference on your skin acne wise though :think:

Water quality has a definite impact on those of us with sensitive skin, and I speak from personal experience. In addition to slight inherent differences in water treatment plants and desalinization facilities, the processed water can collect different contaminants as it courses through the pipes leading up to your sink. Some of these might be extra minerals, which would make your water "hard" as mentioned in a previous reply.

Sensitive skin can have very adverse reactions to these aggragate additives, which can make sensitive skin very red, raw, tight, dry, and flaky. If it is irritating enough to impact your oil glands, sebum production, surface oil, or any other homeostatic balance, it can dramatically worsen acne for those who have it.

If you can, bring as much tap water from your mom's place OR go to the supermarket and by really cheap gallon-sized spring water with which to wash your face. Good luck!

-NeuroTrumpet

i know its too early to tell, but my face looks better already-in one day. will keep updating though cause ill be here for like a week.

ok so far so good! no new zits and i usually get atleast one new one each day! I just thought that the reason i broke out after moving out of moms house was stress!!

Ugh, I just thought of something. Tap water most likely is crawling with bacteria, and that just goes right onto your face while washing. Maybe if you ran the water as hot as you can for a bit, and then switch to cold it will kill of some of the bacteria in the pipes. Just a hypothesis.

Angelo-

creative thinking. However, bacteria are extremely adaptive. You would need boiling water or subfreezing temperatures! Most of this bacteria, on the other hand, is harmless. I don't know if there is an P. acnes strain that can come from the tap though.... hmm.... best to use spring water if you are worried I suppose, although it's probably not necessary

-NeuroTrumpet

Guys seriously ive come to the conclusion that certain individuals are sensitive to hard tap water. My skin feels so soft it doesnt feel like my face--the water at my moms house is soft-they have a water filter in their house. Even my hair is shinier and not dry after washing it here for a week. i think ill stick around till my skin gets totally better-my family cant stop commenting on how much better i look.

Hey guys just checking in. I have to also say my oil production has decreased signficantly since the water is not stripping my skin and is not harsh. I got two tiny tiny pimples but the rate at which they are healing is fast. Usually it takes forever for any of my pimples to go away. well i dont know if anyone else wants to try not using water on their face or using spring water to see if that makes a difference.

my skin texture is getting smoother every day. this water thing has helped my scars a looooooootttttt. peace.