Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Survivor540

Cod-Liver and Evening Primrose Oils?

My acne has been very controllable, but I feel like if I added some supplements (Zinc did nothing by the way!) my whiteheads would reduce. I've had my eye on Cod-Liver Oil and Evening Primrose Oil. Could anybody share their experiences with me? Maybe give some advice. Any knowledge is appreciated! Thanks a bunch!

I take both of these supplements on the advice of a naturopath. The fish oil (omega 3) is supposed to be beneficial for skin (and the heart?). I believe primrose oil is supposed to help with hormone balance. I can tell you from my experience they don't really help with acne as I am still having breakouts (mine is cystic). But, everybody reacts differently and I do believe they are beneficial for overall health which is important. I suggest that if you are going to get supplements make sure they are good ones. The omega 3 I take is by Metagenics - they are very mild and don't have that fishy aftertaste. Hope this helps. Good luck!