Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hgiljr

Red and Dark Scars

Hello all... Just found this site and will begin soon on the regime for clearer face tonight... Now I do not have bad acne, just here and there I have a bad breakout (1-3 pimples) and then leave th nasty red scar and some just got darker and never went away. I have read for those that have bad acne to wait before mixing any other steps into the regime. This will clear away the acne. Since I do not have much to clear away, should I mix anything into the regime after a couple of weeks to help with these scars? If so what should I use? Any help or info greatly appreciated. Thanks again

try dan's AHA+ or neutrogena's AHA. once a day if your skin can handle it. been using it for about 2 and a half weeks myself and it seems to be doing something. its slow progress, but so is everything else.

I get these marks all the time from those huge pimples that take forever to go away. However, they do fade on me but it takes like 2-3 months for it to completely be gone. I read somewhere that you shouldn't tan while you have these, because it can make the marks even darker.

In regards to the AHA and the regimen, when should it be used?

1. Do i apply it in the morning and night which is when I use the regimen?

2. After which step is it applied?

3. Is it to be applied only on those spots or around the face?

Thanks again

^

1) Apply it once a day, or once every other day, or only twice a week or whatever you want. Morning and night applications may be too irritating.

2) I believe it's applied after BP. But you have to make sure the BP has dried completely or else it balls up, as some people have reported.

3) Either is fine. Just make sure you use sunscreen where ever you placed it.

Sorry for askin this question in your topic but i am getting confused:

What is the difference between red marks and hyper pigmentation scars? I have read the sticky's but it just leaves me more confused (i am not a US citizen)

I have been told the type of scar I have is that of broken skin and the redness is coming from the skin underneath the epidermis and this cannot be removed :( Is this true??