Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anybody tried emu oil for acne scarring and if so how does it work? I was thinking about ordering a bottle from here... http://www.smokymountainminerals.com/catal...407/3437338.htm

it says

"

As seen on Oprah, used by the stars, 100% pure Emu Oil. Used for thousands of years by the Australian Aborigines for the treatment of muscle aches, sore joints, inflammation, insect bites, wounds, swelling, and as a sunscreen and moisturizer.

Guys, this isn't just for the ladies! Relief from sore joints, cuts, scrapes, callouses, muscle pain, razor burn and more! It has now been found to be beneficial in the treatment of wrinkles and fine lines and so many other things. Excellent moisturizer, nail care, calluses, reduces wrinkles and age spots, stretch marks and scarring! Studies show SMM Emu oil can probably be called the best cosmetic ingredient in the world. That's because its molecules are much smaller than the molecules in human skin. Because of this, emu oil can penetrate down through seven layers of skin! We have been using it, and we love it! It isn't greasy and it absorbs very quickly! A very small amount of vitamin E may be added at the processors for preservation. "

so what do yall think?

I've used it as a moisturizer, but I never read/heard

of it being used for scar revision. Its kinda popular

on the EDS website by some. Also touts anti-inflamatory

properties.

i used emu off and on for redness/extra hydration mixed with a moisturizer. i think it would best help with fresh wounds and scars. for old scars i don't think it would be too helpful. it can also be highly comedogenic so watch out

i used emu off and on for redness/extra hydration mixed with a moisturizer. i think it would best help with fresh wounds and scars. for old scars i don't think it would be too helpful. it can also be highly comedogenic so watch out

I agree with the "highly comedogenic." Emu oil made my face break out but it works great at fading scars on my body (in particular 25 year old burn scars).