Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

what the hell! i looked at the side of my face in my bathroom mirror and it looks perfectly clear, as soon as i step outside and look at the car mirror its SO RED. anyone else experience something like that?

I used to feel the same. It all depends on the type of light I guess, since my skin looked different in different mirrors (bathroom, car, changing room, hairdresser, etc.)

tell me about it. As I was putting makeup on today from afar but not too far, I actually looked decent. Picked up the mirror and went towards the curtainless window and I saw nothing but moonpits around my nose, dry and scratched looking spots around my chin and spots all around......soul killer. :cry:

thanks for the response guys at least i know now im not the only one..i know seriously, i try to avoid mirrors in the room when there's a curtain less window

what the hell! i looked at the side of my face in my bathroom mirror and it looks perfectly clear, as soon as i step outside and look at the car mirror its SO RED. anyone else experience something like that?

yes! i really don't like natural light. i used to avoid every mirror except the one in my bathroom before leaving the house .. once i figured out that natural lighting is diff from lighting in stores, and so many other places .. i was like are you kidding me?!?

I hate mirrors because it's a constant mood swing, like people say you leave the house feeling fine and then you catch a glance at yourself in the store mirror and it's like, whoa. With indented scars it's awful because you convince yourself nobody else can see them if you have flattering mirrors at home... then it turns out actually they're quite visible in the light of day, or if there's a harsh light shining directly on you, or in my office with the horrible fluorescent lights.

yea check out my log in my signature the link is there. I just made a rant about this situation pretty funny stuff.

Car mirror; Objects appear closer than they actually appear O; ?

That kinda cheers me up when I think about it.

I like to look at myself in natural light to see how much progress I need to make with my acne.

this sucks so bad :( im going to cali soon and i need my face to get better...

lemon juice applied to my face is my last resort....im hoping it'll work out

Car mirror; Objects appear closer than they actually appear O; ?

That kinda cheers me up when I think about it.

I like to look at myself in natural light to see how much progress I need to make with my acne.

I know exactly what you mean!!! I would put on my makeup and think to myself 'wow I actually dont look horrible today', then get in my car and look again and my skin looks horrible. Blemishes I thought I covered were plain as day. It would make me wanna go back inside and just not go out at all :wall:

mirrors also drive me nuts because im constantly checking them because of my skin, it makes me feel obsessed and people make comments but they dont understand :doubt:

I know people just don't understand...especially when i see other people looking in the mirror confidently, it makes me wish i could do that too

Yup i love mirrors, keeps reminding me that i dont have acne no more and that i look fucking sexy

Sad to say I used to not look at my face in full when it was really bad last Feb. I would focus on sections of the face, bit by bit. I would get depressed when I seen my full appearance.

Now after using the DK regimen I'm basically clear and have no trouble peeking at mirrors.

Fuck full on bright daylight, and fuck FLOURESCENT LIGHTING.

Seriously who invented it? we should find him and kick him in the balls (or happyflowers punch her if it was a lady)

My skin looks destroyed in both sunlight and flourescent lighting, but looks ok in most indoor mirrors. Its a bit of a bitch to be honest, its made me a bit agoraphobic

NEVER look at a mirror when your in Wal-Mart. Instant mood-killer, even if your going to the premiere of Harry Potter 6 that night!

Guest invaderzim

.....holy crap. people, be happy with yourself for once. do this, get some professional makeup and do yourself over to look like a psoriasis patient or someone with excessive scarring from burns or some shit like that. walk around with that shit on for a day or two and the wash it off.

the only frustration i've ever gotten from acne is when i devote time and $$ and it works only to let me down with random breakouts... it's the lack of any consistency in treatment.

but i don't avoid a god damn mirror because im ashamed of myself.

To invaderzim: dude we are not afraid of what we look like, because trust me, i think im a hell of a good looking kid, its just that left over red acne scars are a constant day killer and ruin everything

Guest invaderzim

not looking at mirrors in stores, fluorescent / natural lighting, all of that crap... even with acne or scars... "a mood killer"? i mean seriously.

to be pissed off over having something you work hard to get rid of with no / little luck is one thing, but to ignore all reflections of yourself because of just that is bullshit.

also, i wasn't so much speaking to your comment as much as the others i quoted (which i thought was obvious). and if they really feels as you said, then they should rewrite their posts cause it doesn't need reading into... it's actually quite obvious and consistent with what i said.

I have two big mirrors in my room.. One is just next to a window so all the light from outside falls on the face.. And you can see minute details of your skin.. The red marks look much darker.. So I just hate that mirror.. Though its my dressing table I take all my stuff and get ready looking at another mirror which is next to the tube light.. My face looks so much better there.. I also hate my car or bike mirrors..

^I'm going to pretend I didn't read that reply, because I am supposed to wear glasses and never do. I'm hoping the difference in my skin wouldn't be drastic. It would be like seeing pimples in HD. I don't remember it being that bad though.