Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Minerva473

Forehead Scars

Okay guys, this is what has me crying over the past few weeks. Over the past 6 months I've been developing scars all over my face, including cheeks, chin, temples and forehead. Most of them aren't horrible, but my forehead looks awful. I've still got active acne so I'm not looking to treat these yet, but any suggestions for the future would be helpful. I don't need them to disappear, just not look quite so...there. But I know forehead scars are hard to treat. Aggggghhhh. The pictures aren't amazing quality but they capture what my forehead looks like, I think.

post-102654-1248114701_thumb.jpg

post-102654-1248114720_thumb.jpg

post-102654-1248114701_thumb.jpg

post-102654-1248114720_thumb.jpg

Hi, first off, your scars doesn't look that bad so I don't think any fraxel/laser is needed unless if you have the money. What I may recommend is the dermastamp/dermaroller for these type of scars because it doesn't look like a deep enough indent to be getting those expensive treatments.

Stick with the dermastamp/roller for a few months and you can expect to see some smoothness.

Hi, first off, your scars doesn't look that bad so I don't think any fraxel/laser is needed unless if you have the money. What I may recommend is the dermastamp/dermaroller for these type of scars because it doesn't look like a deep enough indent to be getting those expensive treatments.

Stick with the dermastamp/roller for a few months and you can expect to see some smoothness.

Thanks for your reply! I guess I'm scared of the do-it-yourself methods... actually I'm scared of any scar treatment as I fear I'll mess up my skin even more.

yea, i was scared when i first tried needling, and i got ~10% improvement

I'll tell you what, I was scared the first AND still the second time! But as soon as you get that first needle in, you'll be really relief. Plus, there's nothing to lose. Alright I lied, there is something to lose, your scar! :)

btw Sign, how many times did you try it out before you saw 10% improvements?

it was only once but my left cheek used to look worse than my right, and after needling, my left looks better. that being said, i still have a long way to go. my scarring is mild/moderate (more on the moderate side). im gonna try dermastamp next month :)

I would suggest going to a doctor that specializes in acne scars. get him to explain different procedures. i have similar scaring on my forhead and my doctor suggested line injections. the results are permenant and fairly safe. you will need about 3 sessions to notice a big difference but i think its going to be worth it. im going in next week sometime i hope to get my first treatment done