Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dacha

How to use Cetaphil

I know that many of you use Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion because it is intensely moisturzing and great at getting rid of flakes. But I just want to know what ya'll do to get rid of the shine it leaves! I only use it at night with some jojoba oil and even after washing in the morning, my face looks shiny/greasy. I want to use it because I think it works better than other moisturizer I've tried. I use CeraVe in the morning by the way and I know for a fact that it is not what makes my face shiny.

I keep some oil blotting sheets on hand. Generally, I don't start looking shiny until about half an hour after I moisturize, and once that happens, I just blot away the oil. Done and done.

I've used Clean & Clear blotting sheets, store-brand blotting sheets, and Zon 24/7 blotting tissues, and haven't had any issues with any of them (although I end up having to use two Zon sheets to blot the same amount of oil as one Clean & Clear or store-brand sheet).

Sounds good to me...two more quick questions: How much Cetaphil do you use? Do you add jojoba?

Thanks...you're a life-saver. :wub:

I use a pretty small amount--probably about the size of a large pea--and that's usually enough for my whole face. I do occasionally add jojoba oil if my skin feels particularly dry, although jojoba oil does tend to add to the shine.

Thank you so much for the quick and informative replies! I'm praying Cetaphil will finally take me to the final stage of complete clearness!

i use cetaphil mois, and it doesnt shine at all,

well, to a certain degree it does, but compare to other product it isnt that shiny..

just try your best to let your skin absorb it

Cetaphil moisturizing cream really gives me a horrible shine. But it did make my skin extremely soft and really took care of my dry skin. I stopped using it because of the shine, but I'm going to go buy some blotting sheets. Thanks for the tip C'est :D