Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
toffeebanoffee

In the UK, need a great moisturiser!

Before starting on the Regimen I was using an oil free moisturiser which worked great, but now it's not good enough. I am really suffering with redness and flakes which are a pain especially as I won't go without foundation, I have a lot of hyper-pigmentation and I'm just not at that point yet.

So I'm wondering if anyone in the UK can recommend me a moisturiser? Preferably oil-free. I don't want to use Dan's as I can't use jojoba, I used it as the oil cleansing method last year and it is what destroyed my skin in the first place, it's never recovered. I also can't use Olay products, as I'm very sensitive to them. Arg!

Hey toffeebanoffee! I was on Accutane for 5 months and my skin was very dry and flaky until I found a great skin regimen together with my derm. I started using Avene thermal water after washing my face which worked great in reducing the redness, tightness, and burning. Then I would apply Vichy Aqualia Thermal Rich moisturizer which was also amazing, leaving my skin really soft without looking shiny and oily. Avene moisturizers are non-comedogenic, oil-free, and hypoallergenic. You might give it a try, you can get it in a pharmacy (I know Boots sells it, that's where I was getting mine). Might be a bit pricey but little goes long way and it really works great as a moisturizer. Not sure about make up though....

Thanks for the reply Keffco! After I posted I got lucky and discovered a bottle of Simples 'Rich replenishing moisturiser' in my draw which I'd forgotten about. It seems to have worked amazingly well so far, I've gone from my face being a scaley flakey mess to smoooth as anything. I'm not sure its non-comedogenic though so if it doesn't work out I'll give the Avene a try :]

I would recommend a moisturizer with SPF 15 to prevent age spots and stuff that can be caused by exposure to sun..

i personally use neutrogena's moisture with spf15, it smells ABIT lke sunscreen, but not so much that it bothers me..

Thanks for the reply Keffco! After I posted I got lucky and discovered a bottle of Simples 'Rich replenishing moisturiser' in my draw which I'd forgotten about. It seems to have worked amazingly well so far, I've gone from my face being a scaley flakey mess to smoooth as anything. I'm not sure its non-comedogenic though so if it doesn't work out I'll give the Avene a try :]

I need to find a new moisturiser too. Mine started off fine but now just dries on flaky and doesnt settle in at all. I was looking in Boots and Superdrug yesterday and I wanted to find something that was oil-free and non-comedogenic, as recommended, but all I could find that said both was a Neutrogena one. But it was about £8 a tube and it was tiny! Not good when you need to use it twice a day for a good regimen. I also saw the Simple one that you have found but as you say it doesnt say whether its non-comedogenic so I didnt get it. Im going to have another look in a bigger Boots and see what else I can find.