Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

..although you're aware of the things going on around you-the stares, giggles, cringes, over time you've kind of learned to block them out as it happens and then as soon as you close your door it all comes crashing down and you feel sad and exhausted about all that happened during the day? :confused:

hope that makes sense.

people honestly don't care or take as much notice to your skin as you think they do. i always used to think people were staring, making comments, etc, etc.. but lately i've kind of stopped worrying about my acne all the time, and i've realised other people really don't care.

even if people do make comments, 9 times out of 10, i bet they don't mean to cause any serious upset and are just ignorant about how sensitive of an issue it can be.

you may not listen to/believe what i say, but it took me a long time to realise this. hopefully you will eventually realise too. :)

people honestly don't care or take as much notice to your skin as you think they do. i always used to think people were staring, making comments, etc, etc.. but lately i've kind of stopped worrying about my acne all the time, and i've realised other people really don't care.

even if people do make comments, 9 times out of 10, i bet they don't mean to cause any serious upset and are just ignorant about how sensitive of an issue it can be.

you may not listen to/believe what i say, but it took me a long time to realise this. hopefully you will eventually realise too. :)

I have days when I do think that maybe i'm imagining the stares, and it has more to do about how I feel about myself, but then there are the other days...it's just hard.

aww i know it is hard :comfort:

even on those days when you're feeling down, you've just got to try and think logically about it and not be paranoid about what people might think etc

I know exactly what you mean, it always feels like whenever I talk to someone all they stare at are my breakouts and I cant look them in the eye and get really nervous... but theres something called the spotlight effect, you overestimate how much people actually notice the things that you are so worried about. We are always so focused on ourselves, especially if we are self conscious about how we look, but in reality people do not notice nearly as much as you think they would. Just try to keep that in mind and be positive ;)

i agree with dMbfan, people think about their own insecurities more than they look at imperfections of others. people care about themselves too much so probably arent even thinking about ur breakouts nearly as much as u think

..although you're aware of the things going on around you-the stares, giggles, cringes, over time you've kind of learned to block them out as it happens and then as soon as you close your door it all comes crashing down and you feel sad and exhausted about all that happened during the day? :confused:

hope that makes sense.

Remember, people only notice things in others that they themselves have put up with as well.

take a knife... trust me.

take a nice sharp knife and peel an orange and think about murder, eventually you'll laugh at the situation.

Basically, just do stupid things. They'll make you laugh, and think progressively after wards. aaight? gangsta?

Well put, usually people aren't thinking about your acne at all, they have their own problems to think about =)

Usually its a case of you thinking about what you think they are thinking that gets you down.

Control your thoughts and you control your world.

K