Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nikkia

eye cream?

I am starting to get dark circles from lack of sleep (not accutane-induced; I'm just having some anxiety issues). Does anyone have an eye cream recommendation? My sister bought me some Clinique eye cream awhile ago that I have lying around, but I'm very hesitant to put any new products on my face as it's finally cleared up a bit.

I was almost thinking of just using aquaphor as an eye cream, has anyone else tried this?

Any suggestions are welcome!!

Nikki, I would not suggest using aquaphor around your eyes. It's pretty heavy and the skin is so thin I don't think you be happy with it. I think if you are careful around your eyes, you should be OK with eye cream - it is the only cream I use on my face right now and doesn't cause me any problems. I don't know your budget, but perhaps start with the Kiehl's line of products. They have a couple of pretty nice eye creams and they are great about giving you samples (go to Nordstrom's or if you have Kiehl's boutique where you live). Or, just go to Nordy's or Sephora and see what kind of samples they can give you. Sampling is great - you get an idea whether you like it or not and you don't have to shell out the big bucks right away. In my experience, eye creams from lines dedicated only to skincare (not makeup) are better. Hope this helps!

Thanks! The area around my eyes definitely needs some TLC. Since my moisturizer has sunscreen in it, I've specifically been avoiding putting it around my eyes so they won't sting. I think I will try the Clinique kind tonight and see how it goes. :)