Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been on the Regimen for about 8 months and its been great until recently.

I'm not sure if its the humidity of this summer or just my job. I'm in the military and we work outside all day and the hours are very odd sometimes. I've been jumping from day shift to night shift a lot lately. I'm not sure if its my sleep pattern or sleep deprivation, stress from work, or just the weather.

When I was on dayshift for the last couple months my skin was fantastic. Then they've been kicking me back and forth from shifts. I'm currently in Las Vegas for some training and this dry heat has been a lot better for my skin and a steady shift for work.

We're getting ready to deploy and I'm pretty worried about how my skin will react over yonder. :doh:

What could be affecting my skin the most?

Morning

Neutrogena Facial bar soap

BP

Cetaphil moisturizer

Night

Bar soap

BP

AHA

It could be a lot of things. A change in climate, a change in diet, a change in your stress levels. All of those things (and more) can bring on breakouts.

If your training and the changes in your shifts are stressing you out, that could very well have a lot to do with it.

And you mentioned that your sleep pattern has been messed up, so I'm assuming your daily routine has been altered. Is there a chance that those changes have caused you to inadvertently change your regimen a little? Perhaps you're not able to do the treatments at the same times as you were before?

And the heat that you mentioned could bring on breakouts too. It's not uncommon for people to break out more often in hotter weather than in more temperate weather.