Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have noticed that whenever I have pimples on the perimeter or outer edge of my face, like on my jawline, high forehead, or outer cheek, I worry less.

Oppositely, when acne is concentrated in the center of my face, like around my nose, mouth, forehead, and inner cheeks, I worry a lot more about it.

I can surmise the reasons for this being that:

-I can see the acne in the latter situation more easily because it is right there ahead of me when I look in the mirror. So I see it more, therefore I worry about it more.

-The acne in the middle of my face just obstructs my whole face. When one has a yard, landscaping tends to be on the edges of the yard, as to accentuate the middle. And if there is a random bush in the middle of the yard, it throws off the whole beauty of the yard.

-People tend to focus less on the outer edges of their own and other peoples' faces. The focus is concentrated on the aesthetically pleasing assets of our faces, such as the eyes, nose, and mouth. People (mostly) do not lust over ears and jawlines. If a pimple is near the eyes, nose, or mouth, it cancels out all potential beauty.

Theoretically you are absolutely correct...theoretically. Yes getting a big zit in the middle of your face will be accentuated more for the simple fact that it is in the middle. As you mentioned, no one talks to people while focusing on their jawline. They look into the middle of their face. I think the absolute worse place to get a pimple is on the nose (which adheres to what you're saying), however I think getting a pimple around your jawline is worse than on your high-middle cheek area or chin area. I think when you get a pimple on the jawline, it disrupts the outline of your face while in the cheek or chin area, it merely blends in with it. You see one flower in the middle of the front lawn, you will of course notice it, but even though it is noticed, it doesnt affect the entire outline of the lawn. While if you see a flower, on the edge, by the door, it disrupts the pattern, and actually stands out more. Seeing a pimple on a cheek actually emphasizes your beauty more (assuming its just one pimple) because the blemish shows just how well your skin is around it, and it makes your eyes stand out more. I'm not sure if that makes any sense. Of course, this is an opinion, as is yours, so no one is technically wrong.

Lol this is unreal, comparing spots with bushes, face with garden. Seriously NO PLACE is a gd place to have acne. If you HAVE to have it, it'd better be somewhere where it can be covered. To me at least.

Lol this is unreal, comparing spots with bushes, face with garden. Seriously NO PLACE is a gd place to have acne. If you HAVE to have it, it'd better be somewhere where it can be covered. To me at least.

Well sure, no place is the best place. However, not all of us have the power to pick and choose when to have acne and where to place it.

I had terrible acne (until tane) everywhere on my face. Literally everywhere. It would clear up in one area momentarily, and when I compared acne from inner to outer face, i would prefer acne on the outer parts of my face.

And I am not talking about one pimple on the edge of my jaw; I am talking about people with ACNE.

People seem to get that confused. The definition of acne is not a few pimples.

I have noticed that whenever I have pimples on the perimeter or outer edge of my face, like on my jawline, high forehead, or outer cheek, I worry less.

i feel the same way. for some reason a pimple on my inner cheek makes me more angry than most.