Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I been looking around at concealers lately, and I thought Dermablend would be nice to try. I want something that can hide scars well, and the Dermablend foundation is suppose to be great for that, but idk about the concealers. I might buy the green Dermablend concealer because the Physician's Formula one is too cakey on my skin :confused: Anyone used Dermablend concealers or know any good concealers for scars? (I prefer no mineral concealers...I just don't know diddly squawt about mineral makeup and I don't like MAC makeup either).

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Dermablend works really well at hiding scars and is long-lasting. You have to be careful, though, because it can look cakey. Sheercover has an excellent concealer as well, but I've never seen it sold by itself. You may be able to buy it off ebay or something.

Thanks for the comment D_lightful, but I don't think I'm ready to try mineral makeup yet :) Did you try Dermablend makeup?

I googled the Dermablend concealer line, and I'm thinking maybe of trying out the Smooth Indulgence Concealer in Nude (I'm inbetween fair and light skin tone...) I thought of maybe even trying the Smooth Indulgence Foundation, but I don't like using foundations because they usually make me breakout or they are cakey (even when used with a primer). Plus, I stink at finding my shade :)

The only thing is the Dermablend line is a line of makeup where you probably have to use the whole set in order to get "the looK" (kinda like Cover FX. I read messageboards about them). If I buy the concealer and foundation, I have to buy the setting powder. And since the makeup is water-resistant, I probably would have to use their makeup remover. Total cost of using the line?

A little more than I'd like to spend...I'm hoping that if I try it out, I could maybe get away by using the concealers with a tinted moisturizer and save the foundation for more special events.

Anyone tried the Dermablend line? Could I maybe get away with using the concealers with a tinted moisturizer (I'm goin to use Laura Mercier Oil-Free tinted moisturizer)?

Thanks for the comment D_lightful

Oh the Sheer Cover's concealer isn't a powder. It's like this

It works really well.

For the Dermablend, I just used it under normal foundation. I also had a surgical scar on my knee that it was able to cover it up (I just used the concealer and set it with powder).

:D

I've tried the Dermablend line on my face to hide some of the redness from Rosacea and decided it was just too much for me. I have incredibly fair skin so I couldn't get a decent match and it just look goofy. I do, however, use a concealer and setting powder on a scar I have on my leg. It has good coverage and I can wear a skirt/dress without being too sub-conscious about it. I picked the products I wanted and ordered them online. As for them being waterproof, that's part of the beauty of it because these products are to help cover worse than average scars and such. I find that after a couple of showers, it is worn off otherwise I just use some old-fashioned Pond's Cold Cream.

Rd