Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hi, jensy. Welcome to Acne.org!

I've moved this to the Over-The-Counter Acne Medications board. You'll get more feedback here. : )

Hi!!! and thank you

I noticed that you started a new thread saying that you're going to stop using Murad, and that in a different thread, you said you want to start using fish oil.

You might want to give Murad a few months to work. Acne can take up to two months to form, so the acne you've been experiencing during the past month, while you've been on Murad, may have been forming before you even started the treatment. You need to give it a chance to work.

By hopping from one treatment to another, you're not giving them a chance to actually be effective, so you can't be sure if any of them are working or not.

Just a thought.

I noticed that you started a new thread saying that you're going to stop using Murad, and that in a different thread, you said you want to start using fish oil.

You might want to give Murad a few months to work. Acne can take up to two months to form, so the acne you've been experiencing during the past month, while you've been on Murad, may have been forming before you even started the treatment. You need to give it a chance to work.

By hopping from one treatment to another, you're not giving them a chance to actually be effective, so you can't be sure if any of them are working or not.

Just a thought.

Your right and thank you:]

But i broke out in areas in my face i never did:[

Some medications bring about an IB, and some cause purging. I don't know much about Murad, but it could be one of those.

For example, when I first started the Acne.org Regimen, I went through a purge. I broke out on my cheeks, where I hardly ever break out. But it was just my skin adjusting to a new treatment. After a while, my skin adjusted and calmed down, and now I've been on The Regimen for over a year with wonderful success.

Just because your skin is getting a little crazy now doesn't mean that the treatment you're using won't work. Just give it time.

Some medications bring about an IB, and some cause purging. I don't know much about Murad, but it could be one of those.

For example, when I first started the Acne.org Regimen, I went through a purge. I broke out on my cheeks, where I hardly ever break out. But it was just my skin adjusting to a new treatment. After a while, my skin adjusted and calmed down, and now I've been on The Regimen for over a year with wonderful success.

Just because your skin is getting a little crazy now doesn't mean that the treatment you're using won't work. Just give it time.

How long did it take to adjust?

I adjusted pretty quickly and was well on my way to consistently clear skin after about two months. Everybody's different, though. Some people that are on The Regimen have taken three or four months to clear up.

Like I said, I don't know a lot about Murad, but I know that there are posts and threads about in here. If you look on the upper right side of the screen, you'll see a magnifying glass icon that says 'Search boards'. You can use that to search the boards for other threads that mention Murad (to search all the boards, not just this one, uncheck the 'Search this forum only' box--that way, it can pull up threads in from the Logs boards and whatnot as well).

I adjusted pretty quickly and was well on my way to consistently clear skin after about two months. Everybody's different, though. Some people that are on The Regimen have taken three or four months to clear up.

Like I said, I don't know a lot about Murad, but I know that there are posts and threads about in here. If you look on the upper right side of the screen, you'll see a magnifying glass icon that says 'Search boards'. You can use that to search the boards for other threads that mention Murad (to search all the boards, not just this one, uncheck the 'Search this forum only' box--that way, it can pull up threads in from the Logs boards and whatnot as well).

Yea and I read pages and pages of reviews. Almost all of them were bad! It scared me after I read many times that its been months some even up to a year and still no changes in fact even worst. I rather just stop using it. I am joining the army and its not like I can use it there so I think im just going to try something natural.

Well, that's one way to go. Whatever you decide to do, just remember that you have to give treatments a fair chance before you decide whether they're working or not, and that generally means sticking with them for a few months. And that if you change a bunch of factors at or around the same time, you won't know which ones are affecting you for better or for worse. It's much better to only change one thing at a time, and then wait to see how your skin reacts before changing something else.

Good luck to you. : )

Well, that's one way to go. Whatever you decide to do, just remember that you have to give treatments a fair chance before you decide whether they're working or not, and that generally means sticking with them for a few months. And that if you change a bunch of factors at or around the same time, you won't know which ones are affecting you for better or for worse. It's much better to only change one thing at a time, and then wait to see how your skin reacts before changing something else.

Good luck to you. : )

Thank you I appreciate it :D