Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soccerfreak

Operation: Prom Perfect (and SB 2010 too!)

Hey guys! lets see here..where do i begin?

ummm..ive been suffering from moderate severish acne since i was like 12 or 13..and at first..it didnt bother me..i mean..all teenagers break out...but as time went on..and it didnt get better..it actually got worse..i was upset..

i stopped swimming..and i never leave the house without makeup on..this has affected my life and it rlly sucks..

okay..so i am starting week 3 tomorrow..and i havent see many improvements..actually IB kicked in and i broke out like no get out..but my doc told me to wait til like week 4 or latest week 6..she told me tht i was a worrier..and tht this WOULD work..so i just hope she is right (knock on wood)

the reason i called my tane log op prom perfect is because im gonna be a hs junior..and i rlly wanna go to prom acne and backne free..and i also want to go on SB in the same condition...

i will be on accutane from july til november..and sb is in april and prom in may..so i hope tht i have a nice clear, and healthy complexion..

(and let me just say tht i have the nicest most amazing friends who support me..i told one of my friends about starting accutane..and she was like im so happy for you...she btw is totally gorgeous and acne free..so what are you gonna do?) :D

Hi!

im on accutane too and i went to my prom nearly acne free thanks to accutane.

Just dropping by to say good luck and im sure your skin will clear up by april :)

oo..thanks..im really hoping!! and congrats on your clear skin!!

my face is drying up..and all of te acne is starting to like dry up..so theyre getting better..im just praying..and hoping tht im not severly broken out for the start of school..august 11th..ughhh..tht seems really close!! :wall:

hey turns out we hav a lot in common!

im going into my junior year as welll lol

also i wanna be acne free for my last two years and ive suffered from about the same time u did my worst year was freshman year.

welll good luck!

That's great that you're getting to go on Accutane when you need it! If prom is in May, that gives your skin PLENTY of time to clear up and heal. I bet you'll look great! You should consider taking some photos to document your progress along the way.

I started Accutane two weeks ago, and I'm hoping that my skin will be clear in time for some weddings I have to go to this winter.

yeah..im glad tht im starting accutane now too..i almost started taking it in January..but i couldnt stay on the birth control..it was making me like dizzy and sick..but i started it in may..and now im really excited..

i might start taking some pics..we'll see :D

you'll prolly look great by winter time..but i am nervous about being on accutane in november! my derma said tht u get dry in the summer, but she also told me tht it gets alot worse in winter..so just use lots of moisturizer!!

ooo...i hope tht happens! i just cant wait for this to be over...the end of november cant come fast enough!! it prolly will though..because of school..

okay..for an update..my skin isnt doing that bad...i have two ones on my right cheek..but the rest seem to be drying up..so thts good..

You definitely will be clear by then, and even your scars -if you have any- will have time to heal. It just takes a little bit of time and patience but it's worth it. I'm going through a hard time right now 'cause of Accutane, it's almost the end of my week 2. I got a horrible breakout a few days ago. Although my IB is still not over (I'm getting at least 2 new spots every day), at least the worst ones are gone. I know that in the end everything is gonna be alright and that keeps me motivated.

ooo..dont worry about IB..i believe mine is starting to clam down a little bit..

during mine..i totally had like a massive breakout along my right jawline..but its amazing how fast this stuff makes you dry out..so dont give up..your IB will calm down soon..everyone says that the 1st month is the hardest..

just have to remember not to get discouraged and keep going..it will be worth it soon..

okay..so heres the low down...

im tired ALL the time..but when i sleep..i never feel rested? no weird dreams at all and i hope i dont get them..

umm..face is behaving somewhat..its not amazing..but its okay..a couple of actives on my face and a few on my back..i contribute some of those to a monthly thing..

lips are ridiculously dry...chapstick chapstick chapstick..

sore as all get out..popping aspirin like candy..

and ive been using 100% aloe vera to help with redness and scars..and i think it is actually helping...

but the time is ridiculous and i must go to bed now..

Adios

oo..quick question

has anyone else had decreased appetite? mine is quite noticeable..i usually eat like 2-3 meals a day..now im lucky to get one down..

anyone else had this problem?

Yea, it comes and goes. Sometimes I am super hungry but then when I try to eat I barely eat anything. It's hard when you need to eat at least two for two pills(I do anyway). My appetite has come back the last week or two though.

Sometimes I have to force myself to eat something so I can take the pills. I wouldn't worry :/

thanks glx..i just wanted to make sure it was a rlly bad side affect or w/e...

still chugging along..first month will be over soon...and then only 4 more to go..

HEY!! day 24...im doing okay..

but ive been experiencing some side affects that suck!

my joints hurt like no other

i feel lethargic and TIRED!!! all the time

and a severly decreased appetite

plus the dry skin and lips

BUT!!!! i am feeling more hopeful...

ummm..i thought i would post up my daily routine incase someone had suggestions or needed help..

Morning

wash with dove moisture bar soap on face and chest and back

moisturize with aveeno daily calming moisturizer

use lots of chapstick and nivea kiss of moisture

During the day

Drink craploads of water...bunches..i prolly drink a gallon or two a day!

reapply chapstick

Evening

wash with dove moisture bar soap on face and chest and back

use FOTE aloe vera on face and chest and back

put vaseline on my lips before bed

(i am also trying olive oil for my hair..this accutane seems to dry my hair out EVEN more..but the olive oil helps replace the moisture!)

(and if you get the "tane rash"...put some hydrocortisone 1% on that sucker..)

OOO and my question for you guys is..has anyone taken echinacea while on accutane? did it help? just curious...leave posts please!! :)

I would recommend not using a bar of soap, no matter how moisturizing it claims to be. Soap dries your skin out and on Accutane that's the last thing you want. I use Purpose, which is 100% soap free but it foams up and gets all my makeup off. Very gentle. You can also ask your derma the next time you visit for their recommendations. And use olive oil on your face--I do that every night as well as mixing in a couple drops to my morning moisturizer and my skin is never dry.

Thanks for stopping by my log!

thanks missangie..ill make sure to talk to my derma about it the next time i see her...

coming to about dayy 30ish..and im sad with the results.. i still look horrible..and it is really getting me down

like seriously..i hate going out...i get like social anxiety..and it is a major bummer..

also ive been having crying spells...weird?

im always tired..and always upset..i think i might go talk to someone about this..

Don't give up your hope! Have faith! We all know that Accutane is going to work magic on you! We just have to wait to see its effect. I'm on my 16th day, and I am having IB. It sucks, but I know that it is going to work, and I am going to be acne free! Yea, side effect -- fatigue. I feel that too. sux.

Also, here's something for you when you're down. Imagine yourself without acne. Tell yourself you're going to look like that when you're done with Accutane. And tell yourself that whatever sadness you're feeling is FAKE (caused by Accutane, it's fake, it's not your real feeling).

thanks for all of your support! i know this is making me all jacked up..

im trying hard not to get me down..

i go see the derma on next friday so ill talk to her about some of this stuff..

aughhhh....school starts in like a week and a half..gross...

HEY!!!

you guys..i realize that i am one of the youngest ppl here..(16)..and i just want ot give all of you older people a shout out..

im in high school and people get zits in high school..its natural..its almost expected..(not as bad as mine..but it is expected)

so i want to tell all of you guys that i am proud of all of you..cuz its rough to have acne in hs..but i couldnt even imagine having it later..

trying to show all you wonderful ppl some love..take care..

okay..so low down..i feel like crap on a cracker..(Big Bang Theory..i love it)

some bad side effects..

body aches

no energy

tired

no appetite

dryness

my eyes look sunken in ( i look like an alcoholic)

anxiety..

gahhh..this sucks..ive even decided to take a season off of soccer because there is no way in hell that i would be able to deal with my ginormous work load and soccer..and accutane..and all of my other after school stuff..

but my acne is getting better..i think..i cant rlly see it..but my parents say tht it is getting better(who knows if theyre telling the truth...)

but im so tired..i can barely keep my eyes open...i hope this crap calms down..school is gonna kick my butt already..i dont need this stuff to make everything worse..

hey!! has anyone taken supplements with accutane? and did it help the side affects?

my skin continues to be a roller coaster and it is frustrating..but im trying not to get discouraged..

still tired all the time..and it is not so fun..