Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scratchy Cat

My acne story guys got some thinking to do.

Over a year ago i went to derm for 1st time since my teens. I had a breakout on my left nose in 2 places and one on my forehead, and then one on my neck, all cysts. I tried zeno on them and made it worse. I went to derm as stated above, he gave me presc. for doryx. After on that for 8 mths on my 6mth checkup, i still had breakouts cysts. I have more on my back shoulders ect.

He switched me to septra an have been on it for about a month. I still get occasional cysts here and there, but seem to get like puss under the skin now they dont hurt and I do not want to stick them for fear of making them worse.

I had never really used anything for cleaning my face except equate sensitive "sea breeze". Dr also mentioned using bp and sa. I used BP for a while but have gone to SA for about 6 mths now. I wonder if I would be better off with using just sa or bp, and come off the antibotics all together?

I used to use antibotics and ACV but quit that, seemed to work or i though it did. Wonder if I could used ACV daily and use BP when I feel a bump coming or starting?

DOes SA help a bump go away once its under the skin or on the surface?

today I have seems like a breakout of small bumps on my forehead, I took a benadryl incase its an alergy, but its like redness, its does not hurt when rubbed, and no white heads have formed.

What should I do? Give me your thoughts

Did I jump the gun by going to the derm when I did? Would I be better off if I just waited that cycle out 1st??

If I quit taking antibotics would I have a breakout coming off the meds?

Thanks for any help.

My advice would be to stay off all medications and topicals, you dont need them... they'll only confuse you and waste your time and money.

Please take a look at my regimen (link in sig) and if you need any help let me know.

K