Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SuzieQ7

Dryness and Redness

I've only been on the regime for about two weeks but I'm having an awful time with the dryness and redness from the BP. I used Proactiv's BP for about a week until I got Dan's in the mail. With Proactiv's BP I only had redness, but now that I'm using Dan's my face (especially around my mouth) is incredibly dry and flakey in addition to being red.

I moisturize twice a day plus a little here and there to temporarily deal with the flakey skin, but it doesn't last long. I've also tried Jojoba oil which does help but only for a half an hour or so. As for redness, I haven't really tried anything. I just thought my skin would get used to it, but the redness doesn't seem to be subsiding. My skin's still bright red 12 hours after applying the BP. I'm going to order emu oil because a lot of people on here have had success with that.

So that I can get some ideas, what have you used successfully to treat either dryness or redness? Also, for those of you who just waited it out, how long did it take before your skin was no longer dry and red?

Hmm. You might just have sensitive skin. If the redness and dryness is too bothersome, you can try decreasing the amount of BP you're using for a while. Go back down to half a pump, or even less, for a while. Or you can try only applying it once a day until you feel like your skin will be able to handle a small increase. Just take things extra slow.

I've used tons of other medications on my face without redness, so I guess my skin might just be sensitive to BP. I'll try going down to less BP and see if my skin will get used to it.