Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mattysays

Alcohol AFTER accutane

hey, i finished my course of accutane on tuesday july 14th. is it okay to drink in excess now? ya ya i know its "never" okay to drink in excess. but its my birthday saturday and i want to make sure ive got the green light to get wasted.

i am currently on accutane (recently started) and i still drink even while on it. i am cutting back on the nights i go out drinking every week simply because alcohol dehydrates you so much.

Well, I'm on my fourth week. Last weekend, I went out with my friends and couldn't resist to smoking and drinking resulting in something looks like a cyst on my left cheek now :-(

Hey, I am new here and this is actually my very first post.

I finished my accutane course almost 6 months ago, and even now I cannot drink as much as I used to before taking it. I remember that I could go out and have a drink almost every night (when I was studying at uni) and I could have a lot of alcohol without feeling sick and then hangover the next day. I did not drink at all when I was on accutane though, as I was on a really high dose (120 mg/day and it did really put stress on my liver). However, now I can't handle alcohol as well anymore. I have 2-3 drinks (and I mean 2-3 glasses of wine or champane, not even mixed drinks) and I get drunk and feel quite dehydrated. The next morning, I feel REALLY dehydrated and have got a headache, not a bad one but still I can feel that I was drinking, unless I take 400mg of Ibuprofen before I go to bed. I am not sure wheter this is due to the fact that I did not drink at all while on accutane and my body lost its normal tolerance to alcohol, or maybe my body is still dry and dehydrated and alcohol just dehydrates it even more, or if my liver does not break down alcohol as quickly as it used to. But on the bright side, my skin is CLEAR! Hmmmmmmmmmm Well, then again, everyone is different and I can only speak from my own experience. You should probably 'try it' and feel it yourself....not that I am encouraging you to binge drink ;-)