Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i know i try not to think about it but everytime i look in the mirror im reminded of the ugly red bumps all over my skin! Im tired of running into my room everytime someone comes to my house or making excuses not to go places because im embarrassed of my skin! I've tried absolutely everything besides accutane and i have good reasons for not trying it. I just want to wake up in the morning and be completely CLEAR of acne. :confused: Sorry for venting but i just needed to.

i've had acne since i was 16. im 24 now and i still have acne. although not nearly as bad as it was when i was in highschool/early 18s-20. it has left a reminder by all the acne scars i accumulated because of said acne. i had cystic acne in high school. i've been on accutane THREE TIMES! it always comes back. although i rarely get cysts anymore ( last one about a month ago, finally found out about cortizone shots and it dissapeared in a few days, but has left a scar and a noticable red mark!)

it sucks but i have accepted my fate, and i believe acne and scars have helped influence my depression. some days are good, most are bad but you learn to live with it.

what gets me by are awesome friends and awesome jams! THE FEST 8 gainesville fl anyone??

You could accept that it's persistent, and you're doing everything in your power to try and control it. Keep working towards your goals and don't let anything slow you down.

I haven't accepted that yet, and have no reason to, as I'm only 18. There's still a good chance it's simply hormonal, plus my family doesn't have a history of acne at all.

The funny thing is, my acne wasn't that bad until I started making a big deal out of it. As soon as I hit the topicals and started rubbing and scrubbing my face regularly, it gradually started getting worse.

So I guess for me, there's still hope, on two fronts: one is of course the chance that I'll grow out of it, and the other is less touching may equal less acne.