Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gareth

Restylane fillers

Hi guys,

This is briefly my story.

I went to see a plastic surgeon about some acne scarring, its basically 4 scars but all in one area. One of the scars in particular bothers me and i expected her to suggest i have this scar cut out. Anyway she said that 'this might sound strange but even though she is a plastic surgeon she would only recommend surgery as a last resort as the scar, which is left by the surgery could be just as bad as the original scar'. She recommended i have restylane fillers, which i agreed to and i am booked in to have them in a few weeks. She said she has treated people with similar scars and has seen really good results.

What are people's experiences of having fillers, in particular restylane fillers for acne scarring? Would like to know stuff like What were good and bad points? How long did the results last for?

Grateful for any reponses, thanks.

Hi guys,

This is briefly my story.

I went to see a plastic surgeon about some acne scarring, its basically 4 scars but all in one area. One of the scars in particular bothers me and i expected her to suggest i have this scar cut out. Anyway she said that 'this might sound strange but even though she is a plastic surgeon she would only recommend surgery as a last resort as the scar, which is left by the surgery could be just as bad as the original scar'. She recommended i have restylane fillers, which i agreed to and i am booked in to have them in a few weeks. She said she has treated people with similar scars and has seen really good results.

What are people's experiences of having fillers, in particular restylane fillers for acne scarring? Would like to know stuff like What were good and bad points? How long did the results last for?

Grateful for any reponses, thanks.

I had restylane and perlane on 4 seperate occasions by different drs. Each time the product donuted around the scar. What type of scars do you have?

What do you mean donuted?

Well the worst scar i have is a round pitted scar, i think this is a boxcar. The other 3 - i can only describe as indented line scars about a mm wide, not sure what these scar's would be classed as, they don't seem to fit any of the definitions.

Well the worst scar i have is a round pitted scar, i think this is a boxcar. The other 3 - i can only describe as indented line scars about a mm wide, not sure what these scar's would be classed as, they don't seem to fit any of the definitions.

You may need subcision before fillers, you could ask your doctor. That is where they take a needle and cut under the scar to make room for the filler. Otherwise the filler may not adequately get under there and instead just move around the hole which will make the scar look more like a "donut." Fillers are hit and miss for a lot of people, I don't think boxscars respond well.

You may need subcision before fillers, you could ask your doctor. That is where they take a needle and cut under the scar to make room for the filler. Otherwise the filler may not adequately get under there and instead just move around the hole which will make the scar look more like a "donut." Fillers are hit and miss for a lot of people, I don't think boxscars respond well.

Please let us know how the filler works and if your dr did subcision first. As I told you mine did not do adequate subcision and mine donuted. Can anyone on this thread recommend a dr to diddolve restylane? My Dr said to wait it out however, I may have to wait two years for itto dissolve because it formed a lump -So ofcourse I don't want to wait!

Thanks for the advice, I'm confused now! It was a plastic surgeon that i went to, she is quite a well respected one in the UK but didn't mention subcision.

Please let us know how the filler works and if your dr did subcision first. As I told you mine did not do adequate subcision and mine donuted. Can anyone on this thread recommend a dr to diddolve restylane? My Dr said to wait it out however, I may have to wait two years for itto dissolve because it formed a lump -So ofcourse I don't want to wait!

Yes, i will post on how it all goes. My plastic surgeon hasn't spoken to me about subcision. Sorry but i can't help with your question!