Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eddy10188

Is minocycline safe?

I went to my dermatologist (for mild-moderate acne) and he said I should take one minocycline pill twice a day. I took it once in the morning (making sure I had lots of food in my system) and once at night. I used it for about a week and a half and I began to see results.

One day, I took it in the morning and a few hours later I went to work out. While I was about halfway through my workout (intense strength training) my friend stopped and talked to me. After standing and talking to him for about 10 minutes, I began to feel light headed, and I sort of saw starts/colors and stuff. This took a while to happen, but I felt really sick and I finally asked him if I could sit down. He said all the sudden I looked REALLY pale and that he thought I was going to pass out.

After that incident, and talking to my dermatologist (although he didn't really talk to me, he just heard my message that I passed out), he left me a message saying I should stop taking it.

I really want to give this stuff another try but I am nervous. I had a terrible break out today and I feel pretty self concious. I was thinking about taking it after I work out so I don't get all sick.

What do you guys think? Has any one tried it and had good results (or bad results like passing out)?

i've been on it for a month and i take it twice a day too. i usually take it after my workout and if i'm super light headed or nauseated i'll skip it and only take it at night, that's happened two or three times.

Not exactly safe. Minoxcycline can cause auto immune disorder if you are unlucky. Try Doxycycline or low dose 5mg accutane instead.