Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey guys :D this is my first post so ile just give some info first. Well ime a 15 year old male from england and have had acne sine about 12 i think. Ive now been on the regiment for about 2 months and a half and ive got to say it has been the best thing ever, ime all clear and have so much confidence and joy not just for gettin rid of the acne but for now having compition over me by girls :razz: .So now ime going to start the longish road now attempting to get rid of my red marks.

Anyway i have just been wondering recently, if diet drinks like diet coke or diet sprite etc. could send my acne off, because i know that sugar can affect acne but because the diet versions do not have any sugar will the same still apply or will the sweetners in it still have the same effects ?

hey guys :D this is my first post so ile just give some info first. Well ime a 15 year old male from england and have had acne sine about 12 i think. Ive now been on the regiment for about 2 months and a half and ive got to say it has been the best thing ever, ime all clear and have so much confidence and joy not just for gettin rid of the acne but for now having compition over me by girls :razz: .So now ime going to start the longish road now attempting to get rid of my red marks.

Anyway i have just been wondering recently, if diet drinks like diet coke or diet sprite etc. could send my acne off, because i know that sugar can affect acne but because the diet versions do not have any sugar will the same still apply or will the sweetners in it still have the same effects ?

The fact is that diet sodas are bad for you, because it has high corn syrup which is bad

Here's proof - Carbonated Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Caramel Color, Phosphoric Acid, Natural Flavors, Aspartame, Potassium Benzoate, Citric Acid

And welcome to the forum! This is the best one to learn!

Also, you should consider drinking water instead of sodas!

Considering that diet sodas taste so bad and yet it's still bad for you. :)

Various studies have shown that between groups of people drinking a certain type of soda and those drinking the diet variant, the latter group had a harder time losing weight. Also, there is a lot of anecdotal evidence that diet sodas are just as bad for acne as real soda anyways.

Besides, they taste horrible. I highly suggest just drinking water as your beverage of choice. Also: eating a healthy and anti-inflammatory will make your red marks disappear MUCH more quickly, besides the obvious benefits of giving you more energy, makin' you happier, and would keep you from running into other health problems in the future (especially inflammatory and sugar based degenerative diseases like arthritis, diabetes, or even fibromyalgia). Also, if you start eating healthy with the regimen, you get to stay clear the entire time, but actually be getting rid of the root cause of acne at the same time, thus not making your skin anti-acne efforts dependent on a topical solution (Dan is like 30ish and still has to use the regimen). Depends on what you find important I guess.

firstly thanks guys ;) ime going to start to change all my drinks a day to water now instead of just a few being water :) secondly 'translocator' or anyone , what healthy an anti-inflammatory foods do you sujest(:eh: spelling) to get rid of my red marks ??

if you are concerned about diet drinks, watch a documentary called

"Sweet Misery: A Poisoned World"

It is about the artificial sweetener Aspartame, which is a poison.

Do a google search and you can watch it online for free.

thanks much apreciated :) . another question though , like i asked with the diet drinks are cordial drinks that you dilute with water ok to drink ?

thanks much apreciated :) . another question though , like i asked with the diet drinks are cordial drinks that you dilute with water ok to drink ?

Well, the obvious answer is that no alcoholic beverages of any kind would be better, but... yeah, c'mon. I drink every once in while, even undiluted, and don't have any problems. Just try and stack as many anti-inflammatory changes into your life to stand against the few inflammatory that you happen to fall into every now and again.