Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey there! I can only speak from my own experience of taking Accutane (generic). I was on a high dose of Accutane for 5 months (1st month 80mg/day and then 120mg/day the rest), I did not get an IB when I started it, I was one of the lucky ones, I just started clearing from the beginning. Slowly but surely! I did experience dryness, tiredness and some muscle/joint pains but nothing that would make me want to stop the treatment. When my dose was upped to 120 mg/day, the side effects worsened, particularly dry lips and skin, and I was even more and more tired and lacking energy. However, that lasted for about a week, maybe 10 days, after that my body got used to the dose and I did not feel the side effects as much (although the were still there, I think it was more psychological). Again, I did not get a breakout. Well, I did get one or 2 zits on my cheeks but that was about it. Nothing major.

However, as with every acne treatment, everyone is different and will respond differently to the treatment. I wish you all the best with your course and hope you won't experience more side effects and the flare up once your dose is changed!