Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey,

I was wondering that when I'm roasting potatoes I don't want to use EVOO as it is dangerous at high temperatures.I was lookin around and I found goose fat and I also found a list of health benefits along with it, I was wondering could anybody shed any light on the subject and will it affect my acne.

Don't know much about goose fat, to be honest. But, if you're gonna eat it anyway, try to find an organic source. Organic or not, animal fat contains a lot of fat-soluble chemicals, xenohormones, etc. Non-organic animal fat sources are far, far worse than organic sources, in this regard, since they're fed antibiotics and other crap and it's stored in their fat and other tissues.

Another thing about goose is that, like pork and unlike lamb, it's not quite a hypo-allergenic food.

I think i would go with grass-fed, organic butter instead. Most people who have issues with dairy, like myself, have no issues with butter or ghee. Grass-fed, organic butter is a natural source of vitamin K2 which is important for healthy bones and preventing calcium from depositing in your arteries. Butter is also a source of CLA which actually burns body fat.

Using coconut oil isn't a bad choice either, but some people have issues with it. They either don't like how it overpowers the taste of the food they're cooking or they actually find that their body doesn't handle the oil too well. I don't have any problems with it though.

Extra-virgin coconut oil is an ideal for cooking at high temperature. And it has healthy fats. Which you should certainly consider of buying it.

I can't find it in my shops the EVCO.

I use an organic brand and it was delicious on the roast sweet potatoes.

I might buy the coconut oil on the internet. :think:

I can't find it in my shops the EVCO.

I use an organic brand and it was delicious on the roast sweet potatoes.

I might buy the coconut oil on the internet. :think:

Make sure it's called "Extra-virgin coconut oil"

^^

What i don't understand is that it is so high in saturated fat how can it be good for acne?? :confused:

Is it the polyunsaturated fats that are bad or something??

Thanks for the help

What i don't understand is that it is so high in saturated fat how can it be good for acne?? :confused:

Thanks for the help

Well, I get about 120g+ fats a day and I don't break out that bad! I break out occasionally due to hormone! I typically get small acne! I don't get those big ones anymore :)

I usually break out on shaving area because I shave a lot!

Thanks for the help

Why would saturated fat from coconut oil be bad for acne? I would rather cook with saturated fat than polyunsaturated fat, as polyunsaturated fat turns rancid/oxidizes more easily, especially when any kind of heat (or even light) is added.

Coconut oil won't clog up your arteries like animal fat. Coconut oil is really rich in saturated medium chain triglycerides, so it'll actually help burn your body fat.