Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mhswrestlin08

Face washing with retin a micro

Hi. I have an interesting situation. I am currently using retin a micro every night, along with clindamycin gel morning and night. However i also want to work out frequently, and i work at the local dunkin donuts. And during work, i can get pretty sweaty at times, so i usually just work out after working and then take a shower after. And i get out of work in the middle of the day, so this would leave me washing my face 3 times a day. Morning, after work, and at night. And i know this can be bad for you skin to overwash, but is it ok to wash 3 times cause i workout? or maybe should i switch a morning or night wash to just water? Cause i've been doing this regimen for a while and i still breakout frequently. Its better! but not great, and i think me overwashing or being too harsh may have something to do with it.

oh, and I also have oily skin, and i use a moisturizer atleast once every day.

If you're using face wash at night, you could just switch your morning wash to plain water. That would cut out the overdrying/overwashing factor. Make sure to check out the body acne and nutritional/holistic sections of the board, too. They might not pertain to you body-wise, but there are many threads regarding working out and acne that might help you out. If you do a search on the general forum section you'll find tons that might shed some light on exercise and acne. :)