Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone,

I just had a few questions about Spiro. I plan on talking to my doc on going on this, but I have some questions and I hope some of you can help me?

I've been on Yasmin for about 2 in half months and it hasn't really helped, helped. Like I thought it would. I still get horrible cramps and hurtful large acne before, during and after my period, they also take forever to heal.

1. Will Spiro help with this or do you have to have severe acne for it to take effect? I feel mine is because this acne is all new to me, I'm 29 and never had this problem before, until 27. Is it normal to have large hurtful zits, before your period?

2. Will Spiro help with little white heads and pimples, or is it just for cysts? I only get the little ones now because of Yasmin, usually mine are HURTFUL and red, but they're still annoying!

3. I KNOW eating healthy is key, believe me, I am very healthy, but I hate depriving myself for say a cookie or a cup of coffee, these things I would like to have once in awhile. I feel like if I eat a cookie or some peanut butter, I get a little zit. Never did 2 years ago, but now, wtf???

Do you have to eat healthy ALL the time, even while on Spiro?

4. I do NOT have health insurance, and so I am going to a dermatologist at a clinic in my town, she seems to be against medications I mention, so how can I tell her I want this medication? NOTHING she gives me works. Not topicals, not antibiotics, nothing! I'm at my end wits! If she doesn't know what this drug is, should I ask for another doctor at the clinic?

Ok, I hope someone can help me out and thanks again!!!! :angel:

1. Will Spiro help with this or do you have to have severe acne for it to take effect? I feel mine is because this acne is all new to me, I'm 29 and never had this problem before, until 27. Is it normal to have large hurtful zits, before your period?

Yasmin will take care of 50% of the acne, If 50% is still too much acne. spiro will do the rest, in theory

2. Will Spiro help with little white heads and pimples, or is it just for cysts? I only get the little ones now because of Yasmin, usually mine are HURTFUL and red, but they're still annoying!

Yes

3. I KNOW eating healthy is key, believe me, I am very healthy, but I hate depriving myself for say a cookie or a cup of coffee, these things I would like to have once in awhile. I feel like if I eat a cookie or some peanut butter, I get a little zit. Never did 2 years ago, but now, wtf???

My daughter never got one zit on Yaz and spiro even if she ate crap. I am hoping that she can get back to that.

4. I do NOT have health insurance, and so I am going to a dermatologist at a clinic in my town, she seems to be against medications I mention, so how can I tell her I want this medication? NOTHING she gives me works. Not topicals, not antibiotics, nothing! I'm at my end wits! If she doesn't know what this drug is, should I ask for another doctor at the clinic?

If you do not have health insurance and have to pay anyway, I would call around to different derm offices and ask the receptionist if the doc incorporates spiro in his practice.

Yasmin will take care of 50% of the acne, If 50% is still too much acne. spiro will do the rest, in theory

Yes

My daughter never got one zit on Yaz and spiro even if she ate crap. I am hoping that she can get back to that.

If you do not have health insurance and have to pay anyway, I would call around to different derm offices and ask the receptionist if the doc incorporates spiro in his practice.

Thank you for the help! I can not wait to get on this medication. I know this is kind of a bad question over the net, but what's the best mg's to be on since I'm taking Yasmin along with it?

Also, I only have to pay for 20% of my bill at the clinic, that's why I would prefer to stay there, until I get insurance. :eh:

Thanks again!

Yes

Thank you for the help! I can not wait to get on this medication. I know this is kind of a bad question over the net, but what's the best mg's to be on since I'm taking Yasmin along with it?

Also, I only have to pay for 20% of my bill at the clinic, that's why I would prefer to stay there, until I get insurance. :eh:

Thanks again!

You are going to get a few different answers to that question. When dd first went on it she got stellar results with Yasmin and just 50 mgs. of added spiro and that kept her clear for two years. She was clear in about 5 mos. This time she is on Yaz and was on 50 mgs. of spiro till the derm bumped her up to 100 mgs. a little over a month ago. Not clear yet and just going into 4th month. It does seem better though.

Yes

Thanks again!

You are going to get a few different answers to that question. When dd first went on it she got stellar results with Yasmin and just 50 mgs. of added spiro and that kept her clear for two years. She was clear in about 5 mos. This time she is on Yaz and was on 50 mgs. of spiro till the derm bumped her up to 100 mgs. a little over a month ago. Not clear yet and just going into 4th month. It does seem better though.

Thanks again! Mine is not severe, and that's actually how many mgs I want to take. We'll see! Did she get a bad IB from it? I thought I would with Yasmin, but it's only bringing up my deep whiteheads, turning them into hurtful zits. So I don't know if that's considered an IB or not. It didn't help anything though with my period last month. Bad cramps and zits galore. That's what I'm tired of and no one seems to understand topicals (NONE) just don't help. :cry: Thanks again!

When I think about a bad IB I always think of what she experienced on Accutane which was instantaneous and beyond bad. I think she may have had more the second time around when first starting but it was tolerable I think. Just looking for some real results...

When I think about a bad IB I always think of what she experienced on Accutane which was instantaneous and beyond bad. I think she may have had more the second time around when first starting but it was tolerable I think. Just looking for some real results...

Thanks again! I guess first I'll see if she'll prescribe it to me. :|