Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pchic

Anyone a really really oily person?

I don't think my scalp is more oily than usual, my hair is on the dry side. But my neck/chest has oil, if I use a blotting paper I can see the oil, but it's not as bad as my face and I can't tell that my neck or chest is oily.

Insides of my ears are really oily too!

I'm such an oily person it's disgusting :rolleyes:

usually when I tell people I got very oily skin they have no idea the extent of my oily skin.. mine is not some common combi skin. People would be like "Oh yea me too" but all I see is just a bit of shine on the t-zones. Ugh.

Guest missyjean130

I was sorta like this before accutane. I could NEVER skip washing my hair everyday. My face was oily everywhere,I could turn an oil blotter sheet completely clear easily. My ears also had oily film in them..I had to oil blot every two class periods.

My skin is still of the oily type but a bit less now.

I totally know what you mean. Other people complain about their "oily" skin, but they really have no idea what it's like to suffer from INSANELY oily skin!! Over the years I've tried hundreds of products attempting to combat this and only recently have found a couple of solutions. Before and after applying my makeup (I use Estee Lauder Maximum Cover Foundation) I powder my face with a product called "Mattify!". It's a Kaolin Clay powder that does an amazing job of controlling oil for 4-5 hours. This can even be used by men because it's a clear translucent powder that is invisible once applied. I bought it on Ebay, just type "mattify" into the search. Another great item I've found is called Model In a Bottle. It can be purchased online, and I think Sephora is going to start selling it soon. This is meant to be sprayed over foundation to give you a matte complexion and prevent makeup from sliding off your face - a very common problem if you have oily skin! Hopefully these tips help some fellow oily people. I know it's a blessing and a curse, because us oily people look younger longer, but still...eewww!! :wall:

thanks! HOpefully there's a product that can really control oil for hours but not dry the skin out..

hey carissa, I typed in mattify on ebay and came up with two options, could you let me know which one is the product you were referring to? t

"OIL CONTROL MATTIFY T-ZONE MATTIFYING GEL"

or

"Mattify Oil Absorb Powder Mineral Veil Kaolin Sifter"

? thanks!

I definitely relate to what a lot of the posters have said here.

My face is horribly oily. My t-zone is probably the worst, but my cheeks & chin get oily sometimes too!

it's absolutely horrible & frusterating, especially when you think you've found something that will block the oil and in a few hours, it's just as bad!

Finally people that relate to me!

I work inside the AC {at a bank} And everyday people ask me why am I [email protected]@@

I never know what to say =[

On average it takes 4 full blotting pads to take all the oil off and then it comes back faster!!

When i wake up in the morning my face is usually a little dry so i put a little cetaphil on the dry spots which is instantly oily..

Do you guys think i should moisturize my skin even if im this oily?

yeah being oily sux.

About 45 minutes after washing my face, oil droplets can be seen forming on my huge pores.

If I don't wipe them, the droplets sort of merge to form puddles on top of my nose in about 2 hours time after washing.

It's gross.

Someone needs to find the cure for oily skin!

Its weird because, my face isn't oily at all but I have to wash my hair everyday because it gets oily VERY quick.

yeah being oily sux.

About 45 minutes after washing my face, oil droplets can be seen forming on my huge pores.

If I don't wipe them, the droplets sort of merge to form puddles on top of my nose in about 2 hours time after washing.

It's gross.

Someone needs to find the cure for oily skin!

wow I could have written!! Exact same situation! Sometimes ppl ask me why I sweat..ugh.