Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mindheaven

Is It Possible to clear Acne?!!

I been trying everything to heal my acne for the past two years and now I'm 16 with acne first i started going to the dermatologist and gave a variety of medicine like Retin A and antibiotics but nothing works so i quit going to the dermatologist and now I'm currently using cocoa butter for about 6 months now to help clear my acne scar on my left cheek and I'm trying different homemade remedies like baking soda, sugar, and I'm drinking green tea, Aloe Vera. Baking soda seem to work the first time i tried it it clear the tiny sun bumps on my face but some of them came right back it don't seem like nothing works I've tried almost everything I might just give up,i gave up before but this time i might quit for good can anyone help me plz?

^ or Zinc?

Or diet, specifically limiting sugars? Which cleared me. Our bodies were never meant to consume the kind of sugar and refined carbs we've been eating the last several decades. Especially with such sedentary lifestyles.

^ 2 courses of accutane did absolutely nothing for me.

Okay...but you are not reading the posts others write very critcally. Accutane works for the majority of cases. I am glad that you found a dietary cause for your acne, however, others who have tried the same thing are not successful. If anything, you are well-intentioned but I also think a purveyor of false hope. I do not wish to be unkind, but if changing one's diet were the universal cure for acne, then don't you think others would have the same success you do?

I would suggest this, that anyone try your recommendation, but if it doesn't work, then go the conventional medical route. During the time you took accutane, did you have any relief at all? Did your lesions go away and your skin clear at least temporarily?

I guess what concerns me most, is that you have such an anti-accutane bias, that you may dissuade others who might benefit from it from taking it. There has been so much negative press because of a comparatively few who have found the drug ineffective or have had debilitating side effects, that many are frankly scared sh**tless when they could be helped. NO DRUG CAN HELP EVERYONE!!!! I know a person for whom aspirin has absolutely no effect whatsoever, nor any of the standard prescription pain killers such as vicodin or oxycondone. Does that mean that it is bad for everyone? Of course not.

I am very happy that you found your root cause for your acne, but unfortunately it is not universal. For me it was accutane. It is the best thing we have for most but not all acne sufferers and I fervently hope that something better will come along and replace it, but until that happens, it's the best we have.

Joe Zit

^ 2 courses of accutane did absolutely nothing for me.

Okay...but you are not reading the posts others write very critcally. Accutane works for the majority of cases. I am glad that you found a dietary cause for your acne, however, others who have tried the same thing are not successful. If anything, you are well-intentioned but I also think a purveyor of false hope. I do not wish to be unkind, but if changing one's diet were the universal cure for acne, then don't you think others would have the same success you do?

Others have. Many others. I changed my diet because of the success of others.

Long List of acne.org members who've cleared their skin via diet and healthy lifestyle. A far from complete list.

Clinical Studies on the Diet-Acne Connection

Doctors and other experts admitting the totally obvious and proven diet and acne connection. Just started. Far from complete.

And yes, I am extremely well intentioned. Healthy lifestyle is by far the best treatment with nothing but good side effects. It has benefits far more important than clear skin. It will prevent, slow, reduce and even reverse all kinds of health problems you may not know you have or are going to get. Slows aging and all the deterioration that goes with it and will help you keep your hair.

and now I'm 16

It is more than likely hormonal.

Of course it's hormonal. Unless you are getting crap on the surface of your skin that clogs your pores, hormones are always involved.

And yes, I am extremely well intentioned. Healthy lifestyle is by far the best treatment with nothing but good side effects. It has benefits far more important than clear skin. It will prevent, slow, reduce and even reverse all kinds of health problems you may not know you have or are going to get. Slows aging and all the deterioration that goes with it and will help you keep your hair.

That my friend is a self-evident truth, and anyone with even half a brain knows that. However, although nutrition may play a part in the prevention or treatment of acne, at best your evidence falls into the anecdotal category. There is promising research in nutritional area, but nothing sufficient yet to abandon other conventional treatment protocols. If it works for you, fine. I have a personal belief or idea, that acne may merely be a symptom of several conditions or diseases that manifest themselves with identical symptoms, but of course I have no proof nor would I articulate that as a fact, nor am I resourced to fund research in that area. However, it would explain why there is such a variance with the success of various treatment protocols.

What's your beef with conventional medicine? It works most of the time. What I fear from individuals such as yourself, is that you claim a superior knowledge or wisdom and I personally am very suspicious of anyone who claims a monopoly on the truth, and that would include medical doctors as well. I daresay, however, that many more thousands or tens of thousands have been successfully treated with accutane than with a dietary change. The issue that I have with you is that you seem to suggest or imply that accutane doesn't work or that it is some kind of horrid drug, when nothing could be farther from the truth.

You believe what you believe and it worked for you. Interestingly, when my acne was at its worst, I never ate oranges or orange derivative products such as orange juice or even other citus. The reason being is that I don't particularly care for oranges or orange juice. It didn't affect my skin one iota. I also avoided chocolate and fried foods and drank lots of water, no improvement. Yet, dietary change worked for you. I only had success with accutane, and you didn't. So I guess we are on opposing sides of the issue, but isn't it ironic that we can both claim success by taking different routes, which again leads me to believe that there might be several root causes for the disease we know as acne.

Again, I am glad that it worked for you and has the potential for working for others, but I certainly wouldn't proclaim it to be a universal panacea that will cure everyone's acne...and believe me, I wish it would. Dan's regimen works well for many, but not everyone, I wished it did just as I wish that accutane worked for everyone. Nothing works 100 percent...nothing...but accutane has a record of success that other treatment protocols cannot come close to claiming and that is simple fact.

Joe Zit

^ or Zinc?

Or diet, specifically limiting sugars? Which cleared me. Our bodies were never meant to consume the kind of sugar and refined carbs we've been eating the last several decades. Especially with such sedentary lifestyles.

Well I actually meant using sugar as a scrub when i wash my face i read it on his website that give alot of homemade remedies and decided to try some of them

^ or Zinc?

no ... its not that... if you watch one of dans video his research showed that

its the amount of calory you comsume.

so even if you do not consume all those sugar and wahtever you listed..

if you consume lots of calory you will gain acne again.

and considering there are people that still doesnt get any acne even tho they do whatever that might be critical to us, i think it is all genetic

^ or Zinc?

no ... its not that... if you watch one of dans video his research showed that

its the amount of calory you comsume.

and considering there are people that still doesnt get any acne even tho they do whatever that might be critical to us, i think it is all genetic

Of course it's genetic. We are genetically predisposed to getting acne. But just like with other conditions like diabetes, heart disease, cancers, genetics only counts for part of your likelihood in developing the condition.

And it is sugars or any other food when consumed in a way that spikes blood sugar. And yes excess calories can do that as well. But blood sugar causing inflammation and stimulating androgen production is only one of the ways diet effects.

That my friend is a self-evident truth, and anyone with even half a brain knows that. However, although nutrition may play a part in the prevention or treatment of acne, at best your evidence falls into the anecdotal category. There is promising research in nutritional area, but nothing sufficient yet to abandon other conventional treatment protocols. If it works for you, fine. I have a personal belief or idea, that acne may merely be a symptom of several conditions or diseases that manifest themselves with identical symptoms, but of course I have no proof nor would I articulate that as a fact, nor am I resourced to fund research in that area. However, it would explain why there is such a variance with the success of various treatment protocols.

What's your beef with conventional medicine? It works most of the time. What I fear from individuals such as yourself, is that you claim a superior knowledge or wisdom and I personally am very suspicious of anyone who claims a monopoly on the truth, and that would include medical doctors as well. I daresay, however, that many more thousands or tens of thousands have been successfully treated with accutane than with a dietary change. The issue that I have with you is that you seem to suggest or imply that accutane doesn't work or that it is some kind of horrid drug, when nothing could be farther from the truth.

You believe what you believe and it worked for you. Interestingly, when my acne was at its worst, I never ate oranges or orange derivative products such as orange juice or even other citus. The reason being is that I don't particularly care for oranges or orange juice. It didn't affect my skin one iota. I also avoided chocolate and fried foods and drank lots of water, no improvement. Yet, dietary change worked for you. I only had success with accutane, and you didn't. So I guess we are on opposing sides of the issue, but isn't it ironic that we can both claim success by taking different routes, which again leads me to believe that there might be several root causes for the disease we know as acne.

Again, I am glad that it worked for you and has the potential for working for others, but I certainly wouldn't proclaim it to be a universal panacea that will cure everyone's acne...and believe me, I wish it would. Dan's regimen works well for many, but not everyone, I wished it did just as I wish that accutane worked for everyone. Nothing works 100 percent...nothing...but accutane has a record of success that other treatment protocols cannot come close to claiming and that is simple fact.

Joe Zit

Ummm. wow. Don't know where to start.

First of all, I don't think everyone does know that. And they especially don't know how truly bad for them the typical diet and quality of available food is and what it is doing to them. Or what a healthy diet is. I've seen plenty here claim they ate healthy and it didn't help, and when you ask to describe their diet, it's terrible. And I've watched my coworkers make the dumbest choices at lunchtime all the while saying they are trying to eat healthier.

I don't know what's with the rant about oranges. They'd only affect you if you were allergic to them. Many people are, most aren't. And I've never claimed they were or that everyone must avoid oranges because I must. But everyone should determine any food intolerances they may have via an elimination diet.

Also, don't know what's with the rant about my supposed claim to a monopoly on the truth. I merely suggested to the OP, who very clearly was asking for advice on home remedy type solutions, that he/she try nutrition. Accutane suggestions are clearly not what he was looking for.

Besides, I posted links to researchers, doctors and acne sufferers who know diet affects acne. How is that claiming I and only I possess superior wisdom?

And I do so to let people know that despite what the average dermatologist tells you, diet absolutely does affect acne. There is research showing it, publications publishing it and there are doctors who prescribe it. But most of us aren't visiting those good doctors and probably didn't see such any magazine articles on it.

And of course there are several root causes of acne. Inter-related and often with causal effects on each other. I list many of them in my signature with more info in the links.

And that's the beauty of following a blood sugar stabilizing, anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense diet and healthy lifestyle. It affects/reduces/reverses/prevents most of those causes. As opposed to just masking symptoms of some possibly serious, or one day to become serious, condition that you may not know you had or where going to get.

Hey there,

It is definitely possible to be free acne, though I don't believe you can do it with medications or topicals unfortunately.

If you are interested I have posted my regimen for getting clear. It requires a bit of effort but if you really want clear skin I believe it really isn't that hard.

The link to my regimen is in my sig.

K

I been trying everything to heal my acne for the past two years and now I'm 16 with acne first i started going to the dermatologist and gave a variety of medicine like Retin A and antibiotics but nothing works so i quit going to the dermatologist and now I'm currently using cocoa butter for about 6 months now to help clear my acne scar on my left cheek and I'm trying different homemade remedies like baking soda, sugar, and I'm drinking green tea, Aloe Vera. Baking soda seem to work the first time i tried it it clear the tiny sun bumps on my face but some of them came right back it don't seem like nothing works I've tried almost everything I might just give up,i gave up before but this time i might quit for good can anyone help me plz?

Yes it is, it quiet possible it is hormones that are triggering the break outs. I was the same way with big cystic acne on my nose that made me look like Rudolph the red nose reindeer. Though I've used the regimen and applied AHA to new forming pimples or nodules which helps a lot. I also dont touch sweets, I stick to a healthy diet and take supplements which helped tremendously for me. But don't worry it it'll clear up in time. Keep positive! :D

Well - for Acne related problems, I have had many experiences and I wud suggest Acne Products from *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

Did u try out any of the products from this manufacturer?

first id stop putting cococa butter on my face.. clogs the pores so badly... actually im going to send you a list of stuff to not put on your face.

first id stop putting cococa butter on my face.. clogs the pores so badly... actually im going to send you a list of stuff to not put on your face.

Also, if you use baking soda, you need to follow it with an PH balanced or acidic toner. It's a nice gentler scrub but way too alkaline. Soap is too alkaline too. For a homemade toner, buy Apple cider vinegar and dilute it by at least 3 to 1 to start. You can dilute with brewed green tea.

WHAT GREATLY HELPED ME WAS CETAPHIL TWICE A DAY

FOLLOWED BY TEN MINUITES LATER PURPOSE MOISTURE LOTION

THE CETAPHIL HAS NO HARMFUL CHEMICALS YOUR SKIN WILL REACT TOO

AND THE LOTION WILL HEAL SCARS

AND CAUSE HELING TIME FOR BREAKOUTS TO GO AWAY FASTER AND BECOME LESS RED

AND USE CLEAN AND CLEAR WITH BENSOL PEROXIDE ONLY WHEN YOU SHOWER TO KILL THE BACKTERIA BEING CAREFUL NOT TO GET IT IN YOUR OPENINGS

IT OVERDRYS SO ONLY IN THE SHOWER OVER DRIED SKIN CANT HEAL SO

ONLY IN THE SHOWER

ALL THE PRODUCTS I EVER USED MADE MY BREAKOUTS WORSE

CHEMICALS MAKE THE SKIN SWELL AND TIGHTEN AND TRAP DIRT

SO IN FACT ACNE PRODUCTS WILL WORSEN ACNE

BETWEEN YOUR TWICE A DAY WASH WHEN YOUR SKIN GETS OILY AGAIN

SPLASH COLD WATER ON YOUR FACE TO REWAKEN YOUR MORNING WASHED RUTINE

THAT WILL GET RID OF THE OIL THAT WILL CAUSE YOU TO BREAK OUT AGAIN

AND PAT DRY MOST SINK WATER CARRIES CHEMICALS

THAT KILL BACKTERIA IN THE WATER SO THE WATER ALONE WILL HELP WITHOUT

IRRITATING YOUR SKIN AND LESS IRRITATED SKIN WILL HEAL SO ONLY WASH AND LOSHION

TWICE A DAY

YOUR FACE IS AS DELICUTE AS A BABYS SKIN YOU WOULDNT PUT CHEMICALS ON A BABYS

FACE WOULD YOU? I SURE WOULDNT!!!!!

HOPE THAT HELPED I HAD ACNE REALLY BAD MOST MY LIFE AND

FOUND THAT THE CHEPEST MOST GENTLE SKIN PRODUCT WORKED

AND DISCOVERED IT ON HERE AND TRIED IT THANKS TO ALL THE KIDS

THAT RECOMENDED IT TO ME ON THE CETAPHIL BOTTLE IT EVEN SAYS EVERY AGE AVERY STAGE EVERY DAY

MAKE SURE TO GET THE PURPOSE DERMATOLIGIST RECOMENDED LOTION IT ALSO

HAS SPF 15 SO THE SUN WONT BORN AND SWELL YOUR SKIN AS ITS HEALING BEST LUCK!!!