Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RobJ

I love my friend HELP! :S

OK, well I met this girl last year and I just saw her on my birthday last thursday for the first time in like forever. Let me just do a quick prologue for you though before I get fully into it. We have EVERYTHING in common, except that I like harry Potter and she hates it lol. When I say everything, I mean everything. We're both shy so when we met up we spent a lot of time just walking around in silence but it was nice because you were like in the company rather than just talking over the internet. She's said to me in the past I'm one of the coolest people she talks to and I keep saying she's awesome and amazing. I'm incredibly nice to her, well, actually, I try to be nice to everyone to be honest and she likes that about me. We had a few laughs and she has one of those amazing smiles. Seriously, it was like the hottest day of the year and her smile was the only thing which warmed my heart, as corny as it sounds. We're decent people, you know, we don't go around swearing all the time and we don't believe in sex before marriage. I'm not saying they're the only things I'm looking at that I love about this girl, I love everything about her.

Anywho, we've had a past of me asking her out like twice, first time she said yes but I never actually saw her and then she fell in love with someone else. Second time I asked which was at Christmas she said it was too soon after her last boyfriend. I have loved her pretty much since the beginning and now that I've met her I want more. It just didn't feel right only being friends when we met. I've written poems, and ok, they're not the best work in the world but they express how I feel and she loves them although I haven't told her about how exactly I feel. I've told her they're about a girl and she said that's very sweet and I should tell the girl, but now I'm worried she thinks it's someone else :S

Well I want to tell her, but like we only met once just recently and I don't want to suddenly scare her off. I asked today if she's around but she's not around for the next 2 weeks to hang out as she's going on holiday. I'm hoping we can meet afterwards, I just have no idea when to tell her. It's killing me inside as I can't get to sleep at all as I'm always thinking about her. We're both 16, I know fairly young but I really do like her so much and we will probably walk on the beach a lot in the future like we did last thursday as she lives pretty much on the beach.

Half of me wants to text her saying, look, basically I like you a lot and can we talk or something but half of me wants to wait until I see her in person because it's better like that really. I live in London and she lives down at the beach, which isn't a problem for me getting to her but if anything did happen we'd see each other like once a week maximum. I'm scared that will put her off and I'm worried that some other dude will ask her out soon as she is amazing, although we're like practically the same person. Gah, what would you guys do?

haha man i feel for you here i know what its like to be in these situations. My best advice is to live today and tell her as soon as possible how you feel otherwise your only live in regret if shes moves on and thinks your not intrested.

Do it its worth it. Best of luck man ;) X

I'm closing this topic, as this board is for the emotional and psychological effects of acne. Once you reach Veteran Member status, you can make off-topic posts in The Lounge.

Still, I don't want to leave you with no advice at all, so I'll say this: If you want to tell her how you feel, do it. Whether it's in person, by phone, or on the internet, let her know, however you feel most comfortable doing it. And then really pay attention to her reaction (doing it in person might make that part a bit easier). If she seems into it, proceed slowly. If she seems hesitant or like she's not interested, just drop it and let it be. I know you're into her, but if both parties aren't interested, pursuing a relationship would make things very uncomfortable.