Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
moving4ward

Acne hole on nose

I had an inflamed zit on my nose and which popped after rubbing my nose too hard. Now I'm left with a little crater in the middle of my nose. But every now and then, the acne hole starts filling up with whitish/grayish material and hardens into a little dimple. The stuff stays put unless I pick at it because I think it's just accumulation of dried skin; but I'm not entirely sure now because none of the ice-pick scars on my cheeks ever fill up. Does anyone know what it is?

Another thing, has anyone had success treating acne holes on their nose? I've searched around the board obsessively the last few weeks and the general opinion is that indented nose scars are not treatable. Is this true? If so, are there treatments that might make them more shallow?

Oh and one more thing related to my first question. My mom says she had acne until her mid twenties and was left was many indented scars. However, over time, she claims that the indented scars have filled up on their own. Now in her late forties, she has a decent complexion in that she doesn't have any noticeable scarring. Is my mom speaking the truth or is she just trying to help relieve my low self-esteem? Is it possible that what builds up in my acne hole on the nose perhaps skin tissue rebuilding itself?

Thanks

You will want to look into TCA Cross. It should work for your nose scar.

Have you had personal experience with TCA cross? I have looked into TCA cross and some people say it doesn't work on the nose.

Do you anything else to say about the rest of my post?

Mr Matt has had success with TCA cross on the nose he used 65% and 80% TCA acid to treat the scars.

I don't think you should try anything higher than 80% TCA acid on your nose as anything higher could make the scar worse.

Collagen makes the scars fill in and your mum could be right,scars can and will improve over time.

I look up Mr. Matt's progress thread and I saw a before picture of him, and his nose looked fine to me. He might have had a very very slight indentation that the camera couldn't catch but the after pictures of him showed no indication of healing. Did he actually do anything to his nose?

Ive never saw Matt's scars on his nose im only repeating what he told me.

I've read about a few people who have been able to improve their indented nose scarring with 50% TCA, needling, and derma rolling; but I have yet to find a single before/after picture to verify claims. Does anyone have pictures of said improvements?

That's cool I guess, but I don't know the story behind it, or whether the website is trustworthy. I'm looking for real life testimonies along with better pictures.

Ask Mr Matt he told me he had success with TCA cross on the nose.